VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between the two worlds fastest production cars, who would win? I was looking around on youtube, etc, no dice...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: (jettag60)

in the hands of the Stig around the Top Gear Test Track...the Bugatti
1.18:3 - Bugatti Veyron 16.4
1:19.7 - Nissan GT-R

·
Registered
79 Posts
It really didnt look like the Stig was pushing it very hard. I hink it could have gone faster. And it sounded like the US spec car concidering the HP #'s he gave. The US spec car is 987 the Euro spec car is 1001. But regardless that car is SICK!!!

·
Registered
17,648 Posts
ya, they raced the bugatti against the new Zonda R or something like that in the 1/4 mile. The bugatti beat it by atleast 10 car lengths...in the 1/4 mile!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: (twinscrewG60)

Both the same power figures, 987bhp = 1001PS, they generally have 50 - 100hp more than that according to engineers, the power figures are under horrible conditions so that when tested its always more.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Re: In a race between Bugatti Veyron versus Nissan GTR, who would win? (mazmac24)

they also did a 1 mile drag race with a bugatti vs mclaren. the mclaren would of one in a 1/4 mile race but the bugatti caught up after a while.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Re: In a race between Bugatti Veyron versus Nissan GTR, who would win? (phatso786)

You guys put too much faith in Top Gears antics.
They are equalizing 'fast' cars for television.
A Veyron accelerates and brakes faster than any other production car.
Yet, it still pulls 1+g of lateral grip.
You better believe it is faster (around a track) than a GTR.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Re: In a race between Bugatti Veyron versus Nissan GTR, who would win? (mazmac24)

If give them both enought to buy the veyron. the person with gtr would win he has $1,000,000 to put into the car

·
Registered
795 Posts
Re: In a race between Bugatti Veyron versus Nissan GTR, who would win? (jforesman)

Quote, originally posted by jforesman »
If give them both enought to buy the veyron. the person with gtr would win he has $1,000,000 to put into the car

negative. you cant touch the GTR without breaking it.
cmon, im not one to normally compare horsepower #'s because i know theres more contributing to a cars performance, but jesus, 500hp compared to 1000? ITS GOT TWICE AS MANY TURBOS AND MORE THAN TWICE AS MANY CYLINDERS.
not even a ? as to which would win

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Re: In a race between Bugatti Veyron versus Nissan GTR, who would win? (MKIVRedline)

Quote, originally posted by MKIVRedline »

negative. you cant touch the GTR without breaking it.
cmon, im not one to normally compare horsepower #'s because i know theres more contributing to a cars performance, but jesus, 500hp compared to 1000? ITS GOT TWICE AS MANY TURBOS AND MORE THAN TWICE AS MANY CYLINDERS.
not even a ? as to which would win

ELL oh ELL to that

·
Registered
45 Posts

Veyron is too awesome to lose with some random Nissan:p

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Re: (1.8_L_Turbo)

Quote, originally posted by 1.8_L_Turbo »
you guys are nubs considering you can get skyrines to 1000hp with almost half the weight.

noobs*
skylines* "skyrines"? thats racist

·
Registered
2,070 Posts

Quote, originally posted by mazmac24 »
Between the two worlds fastest production cars, who would win? I was looking around on youtube, etc, no dice...

a 3.5L twin turbo AWD or a w16 QUAD TURBO AWD...... 400hp vs 1500hp?
that explains it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts