VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Re: in case you need a 9 second daily driver... (CanuckPal)

Thats a friend of mine's boss's toy. That was the first pass off the trailer too when he got to the Vette vs Viper shootout. The car was supposed to be in Motor Trend some time or another, not sure if it will be in a few months or not or what happened.
J.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts

Unbeeeleeevuble! I wonder how drivable it really is on the road?

·
2011 BMW 328i xDrive Touring 6MT ZSP
48,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: in case you need a 9 second daily driver... (KonigGTI)

Based on what customers and the press have said about previous Lingenfelters, it should be okay on the road. The fact that this particular car has an automatic tranny helps as well (although I would order mine with a six-speed).

·
Registered
2,885 Posts

How driveable? Well with the boost turned down VERY driveable. Idles smoother than my car, quieter at idle than mine as well. Of course even with the boost turned down it will go thru tires like a hot knife thru butter.
It made those passes on 93 octane I believe. Not race gas with like 25 psi.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts

That is simply sex on four wheels...it's a shame that we have to scar the appearance of our cars with license plates. There should be an electronic device that could be metered which would actually be better because a trace or check could be ran via a database in real time. Damn, why isn't this so?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Re: in case you need a 9 second daily driver... (JayB)

Awesome, i don't know the numbers for that baby but looks terrific. Period. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
27,104 Posts

S-i-c-K

Piney

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Re: in case you need a 9 second daily driver... (JayB)

quote:[HR][/HR]There should be an electronic device that could be metered which would actually be better because a trace or check could be ran via a database in real time. Damn, why isn't this so?[HR][/HR]​
Because government moves at the speed of molasses. Innovation and greater efficiency are bad words.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]There should be an electronic device that could be metered which would actually be better because a trace or check could be ran via a database in real time. Damn, why isn't this so?Because government moves at the speed of molasses. Innovation and greater efficiency are bad words.
[HR][/HR]​
Also because grandma won't have a chip reader on hand to determine who ran over her poodle, but she can at least get a partial plate on that "weird silver popsicle looking thing" as long as that Alzheimer's isn't too advanced...
edit: BTW The car is ugly as sin, and with that clearance, I wouldn't want to drive it anywhere outside a track. Unless I wanted to leave little souvenirs everywhere I went. While 11 sec is cool I don't think I'd want a 9 sec daily driver anyway.

[Modified by WhatBlueVW, 10:27 AM 2-8-2002]

·
Registered
765 Posts
Re: in case you need a 9 second daily driver... (nmap)

...that is one of the ugliest cars i've ever seen. i'd much rather have something a little slower, but much better looking. i mean honestly, could you EVER exploit that car to its full potential on a public road? no. and if you did, you'd be up for a darwin award.
*waiting for all idiots to chime in with their heroic driving ability claims as usual.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Re: in case you need a 9 second daily driver... (-GTR-)

Well i'll be the first to say...
The 1.8t would smoke it, and a 1.8t with a chip would eat it alive!
Anyways...It doesn't look that bad, but a 9 second car as a daily driver? I wonder what John Force would say about it? hehe

Three hundred thirty three posts! Half way to the mark of the beast! Whoo hoo for me!

[Modified by pnkthnurma, 1:31 PM 2-8-2002]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.