VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Monday night I picked up my new passat tdi SEL premium in tungsten silver. On my way into work going around a corner Bambi could wait to see my car before anyone else and ran right into my drivers side fender. I felt like my car was barely hit. I kept going because where I work was only another mile away. When I parked and got out I realized my car was messed up:what: so my car needs a little work on the hood, headlight, fog light, drivers side fender, driver's door and total damage was $3,400 thanks for insurance.

I will post up photos over the weekend.

Oh and after waiting a month and a half I have to wait another 2 weeks till I get it back from the body shop. Parts are available 3-4 days. Thank god no back order on parts.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OMG! Are you serious? I'm glad you are ok. Poor car! Poor Bambi! Please post pics. :)
I posted pictures above and yeah it sucks, but the deer could have done more damage than it did. Photos don't do it justice compared to the damage on my new Passat.

I would probably have a nervous breakdown if that happened, suxors sorry to hear that
Nervous Breakdown not this year, at least not for me. Earlier this year I was rock climbing and had a little accident. I didn't realize I wasn't connected to the rock wall and I climbed to the top and jumped off when I hit the top. I fell 38 feet and I broke a whole bump of bones and spent 7 weeks in a hospital and then rehabbed/recovered for a couple months. It has been 6 months since the accident and the only thing I am left with is something called arachnoiditis which is scar tissue pinching 2 nerves L5 and S1 which causes ridiculous pain down my left leg and extreme weakness. I am lucky I'm not paralyzed or dead.

So a nervous breakdown, :rolleyes: naw.....now if you knew me back in the day this would have ruined my life, I wouldn't have been able to function at all.....I have learned everything in this life is replaceable except for the good people you know.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ouch!!! What a great looking car still. Sad to see the blood on there. I hope Bambi is ok.
Didn't stay around to see, not like I could have done much, I walk with a cane and it's better for the both of us that I didn't since I am not the type of person that can handle a hurt animal.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Glad to know you're okay.:thumbup:

Cars/body panels can be replaced.

On a lighter note, this reminded me of a locked thread (dealer bashing) in the Jetta VI forum.

"Why don't you demand that the dealer give you a new car?" Isn't there like a 3-day return policy?":laugh:

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad to know you're okay.:thumbup:

Cars/body panels can be replaced.

On a lighter note, this reminded me of a locked thread (dealer bashing) in the Jetta VI forum.

"Why don't you demand that the dealer give you a new car?" Isn't there like a 3-day return policy?":laugh:
Totally agree about the replaceablitiy of material items

Yeah I wish but I think the 3 day or any return policy would be if you didn't wreck it.:banghead:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm pretty sure your car is at my shop in Chantilly...yes? Sorry this happened, but it's at the right place to get it fixed right.

PM me if you want to talk further about it.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Too many deers in VA. I don't know how I have managed to stay away from them! I have never hit one and my daily commute was on back roads in the Surry-Waverly area for almost 5 years(deer heaven for sure). Managed to see hundreds of deers in the fields at dawn and had a lot of closed calls with them.:facepalm:

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
daddywagon said:
I'm pretty sure your car is at my shop in Chantilly...yes? Sorry this happened, but it's at the right place to get it fixed right.
PM me if you want to talk further about it.
PM sent

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
So a nervous breakdown, :rolleyes: naw.....now if you knew me back in the day this would have ruined my life, I wouldn't have been able to function at all.....I have learned everything in this life is replaceable except for the good people you know.
Well said. I wish you the best with your recovery from the first accident as well as the repair of your car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.