VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering whats the right way to grease the bushings in the front end. When going over speed bumps slowly i hear a sqeeking from the front passenger corner. also when parked if i get out and push down on that corner i can get it to squeek. I've searched and found people recomending to greese these bushings but not really sure where they are and what the procecdure is. Thanks

·
Registered
16,128 Posts
Re: in need of help with greasing front bushings, squeek over bumps (kremserc)

There is a DIY in the link in my signature.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: in need of help with greasing front bushings, squeek over bumps (VgRt6)

thanks, exactly what i needed. Well now that i think about it, would this be considered warranty work?

·
Registered
358 Posts

When i had squeeking noise it was my lower control arm bushings. I sprayed some White lithium grease and it goes away. Comes back every oil change though...heh. Changed them out for new ones, problem solved. Good Luck.

·
Registered
16,128 Posts

I would think it would be covered by the bumper-to-bumper warranty.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Re: in need of help with greasing front bushings, squeek over bumps (VgRt6)

call your local dealership service dept. and ask them.. otherwise just grease them up...

·
Registered
4,238 Posts

no grease will not last long at all. My friend who owns a garage and we used powder grahite laste year and i have not had a squeak since. You could also try grahite paste and rub it on with a brush either way will work and not flush out when done right

1 - 7 of 7 Posts