VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know exactly how to phrase this but please can't we all just get along?? These forums are for helping each other and getting to know fellow dubbers right ?? Its not for pointing fingers, getting mad and calling people names for what they choose to do. Personally I think street racing can be dangerous and after paying the court fee's and laywers fee's for criminal wreckless driving I can personally say its far from worth it. Lets keep it on the track. Also If someones a jerk thats their problem but talking about it in these forums isn't really needed. I have respect for every dubber out there because after all it could be worse...................they could be driving a honda instead. I hope this doesn't get locked I hope most people agree.
Please, lets be positive with what we do and say in these forums.

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: In respone to Rob96GTI's post (16vracer)

true fred very true, but not after my ventures in municipal court. After going in debt for my mistake I've hung up the speedracer goggles. I just hope people don't have to go through the same thing I did and learn the hardway.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Re: In respone to Rob96GTI's post (Euro Flavor)

Come on guyz, hes just trying to speek his mind. I appreciate the attitude that your trying to promote. With it locked though, it can be kept this way and other garbage can be kept out.
BTW, I don't get your sig, I understand your time, but "out of second gear?"

·
Registered
20,477 Posts
Re: In respone to Rob96GTI's post (grabbit)

quote:[HR][/HR]...................they could be driving a honda instead.[HR][/HR]​
I have to agree with "grabbit". Sorry Rob. But yes we all drive VWs there shound not be any animosity between us.
After my first experance street racing (just watching) I decided not to go again in my car. I had to out run a cop after making a right turn in the left lane doing about 35 around the corner. The Cop pulled a u-turn and started following, As that was happening I was thinking "Damn it, I do not need a wreckless driving ticket". At that same time, some Idiot in a nissian sentra came flying by on the oppisite side of the street doing about 50, on a blind corner, and on a hill. The cop went after him immidiatly and gave chase!
If I ever go racing in my car again, it's probably on the track or an occational passing a Honda at a interesection.
Those are my 2 cents.....

[Modified by MEISTER, 7:52 AM 11-27-2001]

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Re: In respone to Rob96GTI's post (Branflake)

quote:[HR][/HR]I know, that if i get a ticket, i cant drive anymore. Parents rule

Not gonna risk that street racing crap

IB4TL[HR][/HR]​
Why does it have to be "Street Racing Crap"????
Do you single out Ravers the same way? How bout Football Players, What do you have against street racing, what has ever happened to YOU PERSONALLY due to street racing?
I have paid my dues, over $10,000 to get my license back last time with lawer, court and ticket fees. And guess what, I am still at it, it's what I love, if you don't like it, FINE. I don't like badmitten players, but do i go around saying, "I would hate to risk spraining my ankle playing that badmitten crap"... No, Because that would be the dumbest thing ever said, well, almost, I hang out with lots of Honda people.

This goes right into the discussions about everyone pissing on others cars for their tastes, why do I have to be singled out because of my choice in late night hobbies.
I am not trying to start a huge argument, but just think about it. I hope people can learn to think before judging people.

[Modified by Rob96GTI, 8:31 AM 11-27-2001]

·
Banned
26,608 Posts
Re: In respone to Rob96GTI's post (Rob96GTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]
I have paid my dues, over $10,000 to get my license back last time with lawer, court and ticket fees. And guess what, I am still at it, it's what I love, if you don't like it, FINE. [HR][/HR]​
I don't think that statement helped ya much.. but hey

This topic is beat more than Ike beat Tina Turner.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.