VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What years were they made, give me a bunch of info on these little skooters and let me see some pics...im gonna try and sell the GTI and use the cash for the cabby or do a straight trade.

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Re: In the market for a Rabbit Cabriolet entice me with some pics of your cars? (Blitz16v)

quote:[HR][/HR]What years were they made[HR][/HR]​
First available in Europe in 1979.
In the US:
1980-1984: Rabbit Convertible
1985-1993: Cabriolet
quote:[HR][/HR]give me a bunch of info on these little skooters[HR][/HR]​
This is all from memory, so please forgive me if I get a little of it wrong.
Dashboard style change: 1981
Top design change: 1982
Spare tire/exhaust change: 1984
1.8L engine: 1984
3rd brake light: 1986
"Clipper" kit: 1988
Switch to quad headlight setup: 1988
Digifant engine management: 1990
Airbag steering wheel: 1990
They all came with 13" or 14" wheels, both steel and alloy. Power steering, automatic, cruise control, air conditioning, and heated seats are possible options.
There's more that I'm overlooking. Anyone else want to jump in here?

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Re: In the market for a Rabbit Cabriolet entice me with some pics of your cars? (stevelangford)

here are some pics of my rabbit project
if u want inspiration u need a heart to look at thius and just think of what it will be like when its done

·
Registered
49 Posts
here's mine

This Cab's got techtonics exhaust cat back, two 10's w/full audio all around. No other mods wish'n to (if I keep it) do some sserious engine mods, so please give me a hand. [felix_engine.jpg][/felix_engine.jpg] I hope this inserting image thing works out if not how do you do it on a mac? http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [felix_side.jpg][/felix_side.jpg] [felix_backend.jpg][/felix_backend.jpg]

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Re: In the market for a Rabbit Cabriolet entice me with some pics of your cars? (detvw)

quote:[HR][/HR]Here's mine:
[HR][/HR]​
new paint looks great man.,.... now mine just needs it

think he'll do mine???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts