VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
301 - 311 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 ·
What's the turbo oil return fitting size on this pan? I finally installed my pan like this and nothing I have fits perfect.
1/2npt is loose and -10 AN fittings aren't much better.
10-AN
When did you get the oil pan and from whom? Our oil pans were updated to a 10-AN male fitting instead of a female in 2010.
Send over an email if you have any further questions.:thumbup:

·
Registered
477 Posts
It was purchased from you many years ago. I believe it was after you switched them to steel.
I'm thinking about changing it to a male AN fitting. It would give me much more clearance for the pass CV boot. I'm having to go under the axle due to haldex and pagparts turbo.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #307 ·
It was purchased from you many years ago. I believe it was after you switched them to steel.
I'm thinking about changing it to a male AN fitting. It would give me much more clearance for the pass CV boot. I'm having to go under the axle due to haldex and pagparts turbo.
You should not have to. With a 45* fitting you can get that extremely close to the block face and have room for a bottom mount set up.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #309 ·
That is NOT the way I would recommend installing that oil return line. You can easily get a low profile 90* fitting on there and wrap it closely to the block face.

301 - 311 of 311 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.