VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Sportwagen Comfortline DAP, LP 4Motion 6MT
980 Posts
Just use the convenience blinker. This it done by tapping the turn signal vice pressing it all the way. You can also hold in the "tap" position while at a stop light.l, this way when you release tomdruve away the turn signal will stop automatically.

Play around with it.

Also, the amount of blinks upon a "tap" can be programmed with VCDS or ODBELEVEN. I like 3, the wife likes 5.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Never seen a way to increase the turn signal volume. Thankfully they flash in the dashboard gauge cluster, right in front of your face.... lol j/k, it happens.

Like lux says, on the highway just use the comfort/convenience feature by not clicking the stalk down/up all the way. I think 3 blinks is the default flash count, I like 4 myself.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Is this really a problem? You barely tap the turn signal, it flashes 3 times. You use that for lane changes. You move the turn signal all the way up or down, it flashes until you complete your turn.

My VW is a stick shift... it's not that tough. There's even a little light that flashes when the turn signal is activated.

·
Registered
17,856 Posts
Also, the amount of blinks upon a "tap" can be programmed with VCDS or ODBELEVEN. I like 3, the wife likes 5.
Yep, did that to my Mk7 Golf too - I like 5. Wish it was settable by the driver (we had a Kia that allowed the driver to set it) outside of special tool programming.

Did some quick googling and generally it seems that nobody has found the volume to be adjustable.

However, the post at the end of this thread says that the brightness of the indicator in the cluster is adjustable if that helps you any:
Turn signal volume adjust | OBDeleven

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Thanks for the response. This is impossible to do with a manual transmission with one hand on the wheel and the other on the stick shift.
@Luxus Panzer - FWIW- I do this when I'm changing lanes on the highway.
@biodeez - When I look at my dash is when I notice it, since I can barely hear it. ;)
I'm tall so my ideal seating position and wheel tilt adjustment combine to obscure the dash signal indicators somewhat.

I too cannot hear them, and sometimes forget.
My solution is bring my wife or adult kids along- they will tell me what to do while driving.
Often.
:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is this really a problem? You barely tap the turn signal, it flashes 3 times. You use that for lane changes. You move the turn signal all the way up or down, it flashes until you complete your turn.

My VW is a stick shift... it's not that tough. There's even a little light that flashes when the turn signal is activated.
I often find that the blinkers don't turn off and I'm signaling the wrong way. Or else I wouldn't ask. I like to listen to my music loud. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, did that to my Mk7 Golf too - I like 5. Wish it was settable by the driver (we had a Kia that allowed the driver to set it) outside of special tool programming.

Did some quick googling and generally it seems that nobody has found the volume to be adjustable.

However, the post at the end of this thread says that the brightness of the indicator in the cluster is adjustable if that helps you any:
Turn signal volume adjust | OBDeleven
I appreciate the helpful response. I'll look into this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm 71 yo and own a 2019 Alltrack owner. I often leave my blinkers on (to my dismay), because I can't hear them. How do I increase the volume of the blinkers? Is this easily modded?
I checked with the dealer today. They told me it's not adjustable. :(

Perhaps, I need to add a hard-wire analog solution, like a buzzer.

·
Registered
2019 Alltrack S, Red
127 Posts
I'm 71 yo and own a 2019 Alltrack owner. I often leave my blinkers on (to my dismay), because I can't hear them. How do I increase the volume of the blinkers? Is this easily modded?
Ok, here is something weird for you. I am 78 with same problem. I put cheap LED bulbs in the turn signal bulbs. In the AM radio set between stations abd sometimes on station, you can hear my bulbs buzzing when they are on as loud as you want. May not work with all bulbs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts