VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
52361 - 52380 of 52416 Posts

·
Registered
16,278 Posts
anyone know of a local shop in the northwest indiana area that can do suspension work on lowered cars? IE new struts but retaining springs from a lowering kit
Depends on the lowering kit. Was the lowering kit just springs or was it coilovers? Many of us have done suspension work before. You will just need to take it to get an alignment afterward.

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
James is your TDi a part of the VW scandal? :laugh:

Also do you have any mk2 goodies collecting dust? I fricken gave away all mine a couple months back because I thought I would never get another mk2...so what did I go and do last night :banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
anyone know of a local shop in the northwest indiana area that can do suspension work on lowered cars? IE new struts but retaining springs from a lowering kit
Is it for your mk3 or the .:R32? I would do it for you but I've got about 50 things I need to finish before the real cold hits :( I'll ask my buddy Tan if they will do it at his shop, he's in East Chicago and is a VW/Audi enthusiast and does great work at a great price :beer:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Drag N Drop Show

Hey Guys, we are hosting Drag N Drop 2, this coming Sunday at the Harrison County Fairgrounds in Corydon, IN and hope some of you can make it out. It is an open class show but we are expecting a high number of imports especially VW's.

Find more info on our site, www.dragndropshow.com or on the facebook event page here, https://www.facebook.com/events/1654385411450390/

·
Registered
16,278 Posts
James is your TDi a part of the VW scandal? :laugh:

Also do you have any mk2 goodies collecting dust? I fricken gave away all mine a couple months back because I thought I would never get another mk2...so what did I go and do last night :banghead::banghead::banghead:
I got a letter in the mail so I am thinking that it is part of the scandal.

I have very few things mk 2 related left. What are you looking for?

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
I have very few things mk 2 related left. What are you looking for?
I don't know why they are making such a big deal about it, we've been tuning out emissions & coding "readiness" since at least 1998, most of my cars don't even have CATs or emissions thanks to tuning. Actually where you live they don't even have any emissions plus it's diesel how bad can it be :bs:

I need a heater core, drivers side flares, thin door trim for drivers side door, grill, radiator fan & shroud, outer window scrapers for all 4 doors & lowering springs :eek:

I picked up a black 1991 Jetta TDI ECOdiesel. I've always wanted a daily TDI, it's dirty and ugly but runs like a champ. I am going to keep function over form but I have to lower it, it's a mk2 for God sakes who drives a mk2 at stock height :laugh:

·
Registered
16,278 Posts
I don't know why they are making such a big deal about it, we've been tuning out emissions & coding "readiness" since at least 1998, most of my cars don't even have CATs or emissions thanks to tuning. Actually where you live they don't even have any emissions plus it's diesel how bad can it be :bs:

I need a heater core, drivers side flares, thin door trim for drivers side door, grill, radiator fan & shroud, outer window scrapers for all 4 doors & lowering springs :eek:

I picked up a black 1991 Jetta TDI ECOdiesel. I've always wanted a daily TDI, it's dirty and ugly but runs like a champ. I am going to keep function over form but I have to lower it, it's a mk2 for God sakes who drives a mk2 at stock height :laugh:
what style grill?

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Damn Paul, she's dirty. I'd lower it and put some decent wheels on it and roll coal.
Exactly my thoughts :thumbup: I just want to make it a solid daily and fix/replace any broken bits here & there, drop it, wheels & roll

It was sitting for at least a year, the master cylinder went out so the lady just parked it and forgot about it for a while. Amazingly it started right up and ran perfect so I drove it home from down the street of your old house in Hessville.

·
Registered
16,278 Posts
Aero style, I wish single or dual rounds but I'm not going to spend 100s of dollars for better looks, unless you have a rad support & grill for cheap :)

BTW Steven wants to know if you'll trade him your Corrado for his 2002 Raptor 660R
I would have to see the raptor in person.

52361 - 52380 of 52416 Posts