VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
52401 - 52416 of 52416 Posts

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Is this anyone's on here in portage ??
. I called about it today but no answer. I'm definitely interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was the original owner of the car and can give you the following information on it:

I sold the car with 63K miles on it. The temp sensor was replaced, the brake light switch was replace, and the transmission was replaced under warranty. Airbag light was on because the sensor in the driver's seat belt went bad, or at least that's what VW told me when they fixed it the first time under warranty. The radio was replaced with a factory one out of an R32 because the original had liquid spilt on it and it quit working. The horns were replaced with Hella horns because the OEM ones quit working. Other than that, the car was mechanically and cosmetically excellent.

I can tell you that when I sold the car it had a check engine light on for the O2 sensor, and the carpet was cut due to the car previously having a roll bar in it. The roll bar was bolt in, so there should be holes in the floor and rear well. The BBS RCs were missing the caps (one went missing so I took the other three off), but they were the original shot peened finish.

The modifications that were sold with the car (04/2012):

OEM roof rack bars, H&R Coilovers, Forge turbo inlet pipe, GHL 2.5" turbo back exhaust with resonator, New South Performance boost gauge/steering column pod, DynoComp DV, Eurosport front strut bar, Jetta vents from a 99 Jetta that light up (I wired the plugs in so that they are plug and play), European headlight switch, European rear foglight, and Jline wheels that I had ordered. The Jlines were 2 pc wheels 18x8 up front and 18x10 in the rear. The front has a 1.5" lip and the rear has a 2.75" lip.

I looked at buying the car back in 2014 and was told/noticed the following: The rear H&R coilovers have since been removed and replaced with Racelands. The oil pan was cracked but now has a hybrid pan on it, so it should be shorter. The rear wiper was deleted, orange side markers were put on, the grill was painted black, and the RCs were spray painted orange and a stubby antenna was added. The current owner has kept the car clean, but the interior does show some sun fade in the red stitching, the rear cover for the hatch has a broken string, and the roof has wear from where a wind fairing rubbed. It has been in two minor incidents and has a new front left fender, headlight, and i honestly cant remember what else ( he would obviously be able to tell you). He also told me at the time that there was a small oil leak, but this may have been fixed now. He did replace most lights with LEDs and I believe he put HID bulbs in the headlights, but I could be wrong on that one.

When I looked at it he had just under 100k miles on it.

I hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Definitely helps me out. I've been looking for another mkiv for a while now and want a slightly non modified one if possible but would go for one with work done as long as it wasn't half assed . This guy has it listed for 6 k

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Anyone know much about MK1 diesels? I have an '80 1.5D and I still can't get it to start.

Basically everything has been replaced on it. fuse block, glow plugs, glow plug relays, glow plug fuse, glow plug fuse block, injection pump, fuel filter, ignition switch. It will start for a second or two and then die.

I ran a compression test the other day and got the following results:
cyl 1: 420
cyl 2: 400
cyl 3: 410
cyl 4: 360 I added a squirt of oil like the Bentley manual told me to and it instantly went up to 500.

Previous owner said he rebuilt the motor, but then couldn't ever get it to fire and since he was sick and could no longer drive he gave up and put it up for sale, along with his business.

At this point I'm not sure what to do, it's either some how find a solution, which isn't working yet, or sell it. I'd post a pic, but I don't know how to host pics anymore since I'm not on facebook, ha.

·
Registered
336 Posts
This thread's so old, I hope someone's still reading it...

I'm moving to the Noblesville area and am going to need a reliable mechanic there for my '01 GTI. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Also, a recommendation for a body shop would be helpful, too.

Thanks!

·
Registered
215 Posts
anyone still around here? lol i'm looking for some meet ups/shows of any sort but they seem to be non-existent in our area
im in lafayette but ive noticed the same thing. I know that purdue has a club called PAPA but its more of a general car enthusiasts group instead of a euro group. been meaning to pop by for a cruise but i havent had time

·
Registered
71 Posts
im in lafayette but ive noticed the same thing. I know that purdue has a club called PAPA but its more of a general car enthusiasts group instead of a euro group. been meaning to pop by for a cruise but i havent had time
I’m in portage and I will be buying a rabbit caddy soon. I have a rabbit sitting as a parts car lol

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thorzdad, I recommend the Tin Ranch for bodywork. I recommend EP Werks for local mechanical work; if you're willing to drive, Allroad Motorsports in Bloomington is top-notch.
I finally got around to checking-out EB Werks this week. Nice guys. Good work. Reasonable prices. It's a small shop, so you need to plan ahead for scheduling, but it's all good. I'll be going back for more much-needed work on the GTI.

52401 - 52416 of 52416 Posts