VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Banned
9,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone that has issues with a common issue between oil cap leaks and low (15-17PSI) chipped boost, an answer is coming!!!
We have a kit that is nearing release after a R&D time and testing on our own in-house test 2.0TFSI vehicles to cure this problem that is striking many of the 2.0Ts that are chipped. The one way valve for the valve cover breather leaks boost into the valve cover, this clearly is NOT a good situation as it is pressurizing the crank case. The weakest gasket is the seal @ the oil cap, thus blowing oil out there and all over the engine bay. Other than the effects and dangers of oil spraying in the engine bay, this offers a bigger internal danger to the engine by pressurizing the crank.
Through testing and development with GIAC we have developed a kit that no longer relys on the factory one-way valve (there is a superceded part, however, this fails also!) and will give you your lost boost back!
We will have prototypes on display this weekend @ H2O international in Ocean City, MD on both of our shop cars, with a full release of the kit next week!!!
-------------------------------
UPDATED 9/29/06
Alright everyone, this has clearly gotten MUCH more response than we had ever imagined.... Thus we want to have enough product on hand to fulfill as many orders as possible. Getting this setup to fit the way we want (to fit all vehicles, stock airbox, CAI, etc) has required digging a bit deeper into our bag of resources, thus the slight delay in information.
As stated above we have a prototype on one of our shop cars, however, the plumbing is not the material or route that we would like.
Many have posted and guessed, atleast our first version of this will incorporate an external catch can that will catch any oil that gets puffed out of the valve cover breather. It has a filter on the top to let any fumes out, as well as a drain on the bottom. Now, these cars have SUCH little oil coming out of the valve cover breather that I really don't see anyone having to drain it with any frequency whatsoever. I have run mine to just a downwards pointing dump for over a week now with no visable oil coming out. At this rate, it would be probably twice a year to drain the catch can.
The intake manifold gets blocked off utilizing a silicone hose and aluminum plug. No matter how much boost you are running this shouldn't fail... If it does, you have much bigger issues somewhere... or you didn't use the hose clamps.
Here are a few sneak pictures:

Modified by [email protected] at 7:13 PM 9-29-2006

·
Banned
Tesla Cat Nose
26,953 Posts
Re: ***Induktion Motorsports High Boost Breather Kit*** ([email protected])

Outstanding!
I'm sure there will be a lot of people looking for this! Thanks for taking the research and development time! Shows you guys really listen to your customers!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Re: ***Induktion Motorsports High Boost Breather Kit*** ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
We will have prototypes on display this weekend @ H2O international in Ocean City, MD on both of our shop cars, with a full release of the kit next week!!!

Damn my Track Day. I wish I could go to H20

·
Registered
547 Posts
Re: (digitalhippie)

any idea on what this is going to cost?

·
Banned
4,973 Posts
Re: (chiuy)

Quote, originally posted by chiuy »
So, if i don't see any oil leaking from the oil cap, will that still be the potential issue?

^^bump^^
If you're chipped and pushing around 20lbs of boost... then this is very likely an issue for you. It took time before the leak became noticeable on my car... and the whole time my boost numbers were steadily falling.
Can't wait to see the finished product http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
101 Posts
Re: (placenta)

So , you are going to plug the port on the manifold then capp off the PCV valve. How will the fumes then vent ?? It has been metered for by the maf - what about sending it back into the inlet after the maf ??

·
Banned
9,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (plutoR)

Quote, originally posted by plutoR »
So , you are going to plug the port on the manifold then capp off the PCV valve. How will the fumes then vent ?? It has been metered for by the maf - what about sending it back into the inlet after the maf ??

PCV "fumes" have never been metered by the MAF, they are just let into the manifold under vacuum.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Re: (digitalhippie)

Wait so your just blocking off the PCV valve, and not giving it another way out? I don't quite understand. If that pressure goes in, it has to come out somewhere when under boost.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.