VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the topic says....
Anyone have a recommendation for inexpensive, yet good quality rubber floor mats for the winter? Needs to fit an 99+ Jetta. Any auto parts stores come recommended? Online retailers?
I just seem a little hesitant to pay $85 from VW.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Re: Inexpensive, GOOD, rubber floor mats?? (dkrutewicz)

I've had the front VW mats with the Blue and While logos for a year now. I like them a lot. I think they were like $50.
EDIT: You could always call the potters at http://www.parts4vws.com and see what they could do for you 714-633-9380

[Modified by BoraVR6, 9:22 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Inexpensive, GOOD, rubber floor mats?? (BoraVR6)

Thanks.
Any other people with rubber mats? Where'd you get them?

·
Registered
634 Posts

I picked up some good ones ones at a local Target store; I think they were part of the Car & Driver line of products, believe it or not. They're nice; made out of good heavy rubber. I had to do a little trimming around the edges of the driver's side mat to make it fit with the huge dead pedal, but that was easy to do. Even so, they all fit quite well (not an OEM fit, but darn close -- close enough that no one ends up stepping on the rug at any seat). They have plenty of rubber "pins" on the underneath to keep them in place too.
I picked them up for something like $20 for the front pair and $15 for the rear pair. Pep Boys had them also. Definitely less expensive than the VW ones, and they work just as well, even without the VW logo. Good luck with finding some -- hope this helps!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Re: Inexpensive, GOOD, rubber floor mats?? (JohnJP27)

I got the VW ones for my Jetta. I love them. They were expensive, but they are nice. Has the logo on them, and they also clip into floor so they don't move around. I'll probably leave them in, in the summer as well. They're nice http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,072 Posts

my only advice is to save up and shell out the $85 for the mats from VW.....I have had some type of VW mat in my car since I bought it...they are excellent..I leave them in year round and can't say enough good about them. I have the new monster mats now and they are worlds above the blue/white vw logo ones...I sonld those in the calssifieds for cheap...so check there....Don't down-mod your interior with crappy looking cut-up jobs from meijer or whever you will most likely regret it.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Re: Inexpensive, GOOD, rubber floor mats?? (weezill)

I recently bought the black rubber logo mats for around $85 but only the driver mat has the holes for the snaps on the floor... Did you get mats with the holes for each seat, or just the driver's?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.