VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Looking for some help finding information on the AQ250 and the 09G transmissions. I believe my 2017 Golf Sportwagen S has a 09G 300 065 D from looking at Partslink24 for my VIN. I've been attempting to track down information on what the limits this transmission can handle. Would I be pushing it with a stage 1 (Thinking APR 87/91) 1.8T ECU tune? From what I can tell there isn't a too much information on the AQ250 outside the MK5/6 2.5Ls in the aftermarket TCU flash community.

Any information would be helpful. I've found a few postings on the 09G's that claim max torque is somewhere around 258 ft lbs:
09G 6-Speed Automatic Transmission (AT) AISIN TF-60SN AQ250-6F max. 350 Nm
Stage 1 puts it around 270ish ft lbs from my research. Just curious what this transmission can do, and if I plan for more power if I need to start looking into either a DSG or 6spd manual swap.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello All,

Looking for some help finding information on the AQ250 and the 09G transmissions. I believe my 2017 Golf Sportwagen S has a 09G 300 065 D from looking at Partslink24 for my VIN. I've been attempting to track down information on what the limits this transmission can handle. Would I be pushing it with a stage 1 (Thinking APR 87/91) 1.8T ECU tune? From what I can tell there isn't a too much information on the AQ250 outside the MK5/6 2.5Ls in the aftermarket TCU flash community.

Any information would be helpful. I've found a few postings on the 09G's that claim max torque is somewhere around 258 ft lbs:
09G 6-Speed Automatic Transmission (AT) AISIN TF-60SN AQ250-6F max. 350 Nm
Stage 1 puts it around 270ish ft lbs from my research. Just curious what this transmission can do, and if I plan for more power if I need to start looking into either a DSG or 6spd manual swap.
I’m in the same boat my friend, been considering crazy things like buying a used S 4 motion and swapping everything over...... or a a3. I’m 50/50 if the transmission will last 2 years of 300lb ft

·
Registered
387 Posts
Stage 1/2 is definitely border line. Been stage 2 for a few months now and the trans seems more finicky after the flash. Nothing drastic, the same problems as the factory flash just a little more common. Gets confused in traffic.

If you plan on doing anything above and beyond stage 2 then the trans will either need to be built or swapped.

I’ve sourced a few different performance options for the 09g. From torque converter reworks, upgraded valve bodies, and performance rebuild kits for up to 700 hp. No lsd options as of yet though. Currently working with a company to see what they can do.

But to have the 09g fully built it would cost around 6k before a lsd. Which still isn’t available. Where as to do a dq250 dsg swap, before coding, would cost around 3k, that’s with axles, the dsg, wiring harness, tcu, performance internals, and just about everything you need. But the coding is the issue. I’m currently crawling the internet trying to find out what modules need to be changed.

If you have vcds you can go take a look. See if dsg is an option under any of the transmission coding options. The ecu should have presets for the transmissions available for the vehicle. If it doesn’t then you also have to change the ecu.

I don’t currently have vcds so I’ll have to get one and see if it’s even an option. So seriously don’t want to pay 6k for a but trans without a lsd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts