VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well kinda. In this months Car and Driver (August 2003), there is a story on the Audi A3 2.0 FSI (page 42). It has the drivetrain and under pinnings of the new MKV Golf. I would be more then happy to post the article, but I do not have a place to store the image once it is scanned.
Long story short, the new platform has a 2.5 inch longer wheelbase, one-inch-wider track. As well the twist-beam rear suspension has been replaced by an independent multilink arrangement. Vertical stamped-steel trailing arms are good for lateral stiffness.
It states that (for the Audi at least) the 1.8T motor has been replaced. New 2.0, 16 valve direct-injection- gasoline has replaced it. Rated at 150 HP. It does not mention if this is going to be true for the VW.
The V-6 (in the Audi A3) is going to be the same 250 HP and tranny set up that was recently introduced on the TT.
FYI guys. Was a good read!
Boxter

·
Banned
6,488 Posts
Re: Info on the new MKV Golf in Car and Driver August 2003 (Boxter)

Quote, originally posted by Boxter »
Well kinda. In this months Car and Driver (August 2003), there is a story on the Audi A3 2.0 FSI (page 42). It has the drivetrain and under pinnings of the new MKV Golf. I would be more then happy to post the article, but I do not have a place to store the image once it is scanned.
Long story short, the new platform has a 2.5 inch longer wheelbase, one-inch-wider track. As well the twist-beam rear suspension has been replaced by an independent multilink arrangement. Vertical stamped-steel trailing arms are good for lateral stiffness.

The story I read had nothing different than had been reported by VWVortex (A3 has been an early platform user for the last two generations) . C&D is actual late with their article, as the other mags and VWVortex had their A3 items months ago.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Re: Info on the new MKV Golf in Car and Driver August 2003 (Driver72)

Quote, originally posted by Driver72 »
WAY old news!!

Yea, its like been around a long time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts