VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
8,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have no idea how to do this. i hadd an aftermarket HU with the RCA style inputs for the amp, but i am going back to the stock HU. how should i wire this? also, where should i tap the power line for the amp turn on? is there a power antenna wire somewhere?
its the premium clarion from a 96 gti, cd changer controls

·
Banned
8,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: info on wiring my amp into the stock stereo (GTi Punk)

also, i did find the writeup on the mkIV monsoon install, is it the same at all?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Re: info on wiring my amp into the stock stereo (GTi Punk)

Quote, originally posted by GTi Punk »
hey guys, i have no idea how to do this. i hadd an aftermarket HU with the RCA style inputs for the amp, but i am going back to the stock HU. how should i wire this? also, where should i tap the power line for the amp turn on? is there a power antenna wire somewhere?
its the premium clarion from a 96 gti, cd changer controls

I would tap into your switched 12v line for a turn-on lead. This will make the amp turn on with the key. There may be a turn-on thump when you turn on the radio. some factory decks have an amp turn-on wire, but it's only 4.5 volts or it can supply enough current to turn on an aftermarket amp and the factory amp w/o damage.
the safest bet is an accesory 12v circuit. You can tap this either at the HU or fuse box. make sure you fuse it (3amp or smaller fuse) at the supply end of the wire to protect the wire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts