VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at these injectors and wonder if anyone has gone to the newer type i replaced my injectors in my gen 1 explorer with this type and everything went great even got 2lbs on volume with the newer pattern of spray nozzels these look quite different than the pot belly can type but havent heard or seen anyone use these looking for some feedback yes i know that there are pros and cons put them here like spray performance and saturation has its opinion

currently its time for a tune up im planning a fuel pump change im starting to experience hard starts where it seems the fuel pump is not sending or igniting the fuel at start and slower excells so im in for the experience
Font Wood Nut Metal Auto part

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Any trouble codes?

I don't see any need; to "upgrade" the fuel injectors, if you feel they need cleaned, you could do a advance exchange and that is a cost effective solution. I went with injector planet; that cleans, tests and remans the genuine Bosch injectors. This advanced exchange purchase; is cheaper, then getting them cleaned or replaced. They worked well for me; I was going to have my original ones cleaned and the cleaning service, was more, then just buying reman'd ones from injector planet!

For the fuel pump; stick with oem, Bosch or VDO, with the Bosch, being more cost effective. Be sure, to replace the fuel pressure regulator and filter, at the same time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts