·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind....I got a link here.....

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
USPs price went up again to $400, now redline motorworks has it on sale for $360. I was browsing their site and found ... I'm debating on getting it, anyone have 1st impressions with it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
USPs price went up again to $400, now redline motorworks has it on sale for $360. I was browsing their site and found ... I'm debating on getting it, anyone have 1st impressions with it?
There's a thread over at GolfMk7: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7453&page=21
The member thez19 bought one and posted his thoughts. He said he got his from fastuning for $325 when it was first introduced,
but it is currently $355 there now: http://www.fastuningstore.com/store...lution_Series_Air_Intake_System_-_2.0TSI.html
It's only under the volkswagon section and not Audi A3/S3 , but they're the same platform so there should be no difference for the intake.
I was interested in this intake as well and preferred to buy it from USP, thanks for the post I didn't even know the price went up. I should get it soon
before the other sites update there price. I like this intake because I have a 2.0 A3 s-line and it has the inlet filter and the injen is one of few brands
that let's the inlet filter connect to the main filter like the OEM one does. I considered the APR intake but the inlet filter just has to hang somewhere in the engine bay.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There's a thread over at GolfMk7: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7453&page=21
The member thez19 bought one and posted his thoughts. He said he got his from fastuning for $325 when it was first introduced,
but it is currently $355 there now: http://www.fastuningstore.com/store...lution_Series_Air_Intake_System_-_2.0TSI.html
It's only under the volkswagon section and not Audi A3/S3 , but they're the same platform so there should be no difference for the intake.
I was interested in this intake as well and preferred to buy it from USP, thanks for the post I didn't even know the price went up. I should get it soon
before the other sites update there price. I like this intake because I have a 2.0 A3 s-line and it has the inlet filter and the injen is one of few brands
that let's the inlet filter connect to the main filter like the OEM one does. I considered the APR intake but the inlet filter just has to hang somewhere in the engine bay.
Price went up on fasttuningstore to $400. I rather get the VWR at that price.
They must be watching...

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I'll be going the injen intake route, a few guys were selling them on the FB groups for cheaper than what's listed on these sites.

USP apparently bought up the whole shipment.

I'll post up once it comes in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'll be going the injen intake route, a few guys were selling them on the FB groups for cheaper than what's listed on these sites.

USP apparently bought up the whole shipment.

I'll post up once it comes in.
Price markup and GB on top.. only saving a few bucks after GB.
I wouldn't mind buying or being part of the GB, but the ugly guy with the shiny tooth on their advertisements drives me nuts. lol

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I emailed redline yesterday and hopefully I'll know today if he's able to stock a few at a good price. They will all match each others price, which is cool.

Offtopic, do I intake or clutch first LOL, go the cheap route and AFe for a while and then pick up this intake later (hopfully slightly used at a discount).

·
Registered
33 Posts
I noticed the dyno sheet in USP's website has a baseline with a corrective factor of SAE 1.03 and the "intake" one with SAE 1.04.
IF the car makes 300whp, between SAEs, that is 3whp difference. For a humidity change of 15% ? ..
Gains nonetheless, but .. just a note.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I got one. Thx guys.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.