VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re: (colonelburke)

Quote, originally posted by colonelburke »
Isn't flash to pass a bit obnoxious? I don't see it much, really rarely, down here.
Not being a jerk, just wondering if people really do a lot of that, or if there is another reason to "flash to pass". I usually get the message when someone rides my bumper.

Usualy truckers use it, but they turn on and off (or visa versa) their head lights. No high beam flashing or whatever, you don't want to blind him.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re: (makmov)

Quote, originally posted by makmov »
truckers do it for a different reason. It is to let the passer know they cleared the front of their rig. Turning the lights off and on means you are good to pull back over to the right lane.

Thank you but I know that already.

I was just telling the guy that other motorists (like Truckers) use flash to pass in a different way.
Flash to pass doesn't have to mean flash your lights and pass someone.
It can be used for many different things. Like if someone is turning left and you are coming straight toward him, you flash you lights to let him know that he can cross your lane and turn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.