VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Re: (amerikanzero)

Quote, originally posted by amerikanzero »
Holy crap that tripped me out...r.i.p.

x2! It's wild someone pulled this out of the archives, when there's been recent threads on the same subject.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Re: (colonelburke)

Quote, originally posted by colonelburke »
Isn't flash to pass a bit obnoxious? I don't see it much, really rarely, down here.
Not being a jerk, just wondering if people really do a lot of that, or if there is another reason to "flash to pass". I usually get the message when someone rides my bumper.

It's just another common European courtesy feature that we Americans don't use, and take it as a bad thing if someone flashes their lights at us.
I can't believe people keep bringing this post back to life... I guess it's better than new posts that just get the search police.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Re: (Aussiefishy)

Quote, originally posted by Aussiefishy »
I have a Mk5 with HId in canada, and it came out of the factory with no DRL. i noticed it after a week and went back to dealership to inquire. they plug the vagcom and corrected it, and the xenon is the DRL. I asked the tech is it possible for the inner halogen to be DRL, and he replied no. my Question is, can it be done? i do not want to waste the life of the xenon as DRL and i think it can be done somehow...

You can make the fogs the DRL's via VAG-COM, but not the inner lights in the main housing.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Re: (unreal)

Quote, originally posted by unreal »
I don't know from personal experience, but I've heard that flashing to pass is considered a fairly aggressive move even in Germany. They just turn on their left blinker from what I'm told, which is a much more polite. I don't think people here would understand that though, unless you happen to find someone that's aus dem Vaterland.

More commonly used (in UK as well) when you're on a two way road with a passing zone. The flashing gives the driver in front of you awareness that you're about to pass them, as it's not expected as much as on a highway/biway/freeway/motorway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.