VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Performance tunes are without out a doubt one of the best ways to get more power out of your MK7 GTI. With so many tunes out there it leaves a lot of people asking which is the best one for my car? For me the decision of which tune to go with on your vehicle is less about power numbers and more about features, support and driveability. The Uniconnect+ cable gives you the ability to flash your vehicle from home on your own. This feature means that you wont have to pay any shops labor to flash your vehicle, sit in waiting rooms while its being done or worry about how youre going to flash your car back to stock to bring it in to the dealer. Check out the link below where we have all the details on flashing your car.

MK7 GTI Unitronic Tune Info

How to Install Performance Software on your MK7 GTI with a Uniconnect+ Cable

·
Registered
2005 S2000, 2019 G70 6MT, 2019 i3 REX, 2003 XC70
16,727 Posts
Do you have dyno plots of the various Unitronic tunes? Do you have a better description of what the DSG tune actually does? How does the DSG tune react in normal vs sport modes?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have dyno plots of the various Unitronic tunes? Do you have a better description of what the DSG tune actually does? How does the DSG tune react in normal vs sport modes?

Thanks.
Here is a Dyno we did at Stage 1+ a while back.

Im going to work on the DSG info for you

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Paul,

The unitronic website still says "May not be available for all ECU IDs. Specifically, many 2016+ models." Any idea if 2016s generally work now or will soon?

If you buy stage 1+ and the uniconnect cable can you switch between stage 1 and stage 1+ without paying extra for stage 1? Are there different maps that come with stage 1+ that you can switch between?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Paul,

The unitronic website still says "May not be available for all ECU IDs. Specifically, many 2016+ models." Any idea if 2016s generally work now or will soon?

If you buy stage 1+ and the uniconnect cable can you switch between stage 1 and stage 1+ without paying extra for stage 1? Are there different maps that come with stage 1+ that you can switch between?

Thanks
As far as I know almost all 2016 models are available, with a few exceptions.

In regards to going down yes you can go from stage 1+ to stage 1 freely. There are no maps just the files available for each stage

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.