VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I'm looking to install cruise control on my 98 Golf K2. car is stock now but I am looking to mildly modify it (stock 2.slow is driving me nuts!)
here are my questions: how hard is it to install cruise control on a non-equipped car from junkyard parts? I'm pretty sure that the dealer can install it so I assume it can't be that hard. does anyone know EXCACTLY what parts I will need to complete the swap & how difficult it actually is?
almost on another topic, if I mod this car (cam, chip, intake, exhaust possibly, hopefully etc..) will that affect the cruise function?

· Registered
7,372 Posts
Re: install cruise on a mklll golf (Mcguilla_Guerilla)

Quote, originally posted by Mcguilla_Guerilla »
I'm pretty sure that the dealer can install it so I assume it can't be that hard.

It wouldn't be hard for a dealership technician, it could be hard for you if you don't have access to the technical information needed to do it such as wiring diagrams. I'm not THAT familiar with mk3 but you'll definitely need the correct turn signal switch with cruise functions built into it, you'll need the cruise control module, and whatever the MK3 uses to move the throttle body around, probably a vacuum solenoid of some kind iirc. Then you'll need all the wiring

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.