VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone can provide some direction on the install locations (on the engine) for the Oil Pressure and Oil Temp guage sensors. Plan to install these over the winter and not sure of the install points. I assume this is a relatively doable DIY job.
Have got a MkIV VR6. Thanks.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Re: Install of Oil temp and pressure guages (UVAJetta)

Hola UVAJetta.....if you find an easy way without dismantling the front end to get to the filter flange please let me know. I also have the VR6 and I think our only option is to dismantle the front end part of our car. The installation on the 1.8T and 2.0 engines are relatively easy.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Re: Install of Oil temp and pressure guages (RodG)

Yeah yeah yeah... I wanna know too (you're welcome for the reminder Peter and thanks for starting this thread).
If by dismantling the front end of the car you just mean removing the bumper and stuff, it's not that difficult. At least for a GTI it's not that difficult. I've done it once for the good 'ol 'Joey In-pro Ghetto Mod'.
Stupid question, what is required besides the gauges? Flat face plate for the center console, wiring kit (1 or 2 depending on the number of gauges you get??), etc, etc?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Re: Install of Oil temp and pressure guages (UVAJetta)

I was just looking into this for my corrado. For the oil pressure take a look at this page. He tells you exactly what sender you need and where to install it.
Oil Pressure Gauge Install

·
Registered
14,594 Posts
Re: Install of Oil temp and pressure guages (84GTI)

Pics don't show up for me on that page.
Do I need that VDO dual sender or can I use the one that came with my autometer gauge?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Install of Oil temp and pressure guages (NightRyder97)

bump. These are good questions, any help?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Re: Install of Oil temp and pressure guages (NightRyder97)

Yeah....pics don't show. what's up with that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts