VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey im trying to put an amp and subs in my 2005.5 volkswagen jetta and i want to use the stock radio will this work for me? if not do you no what would? if you can get back to me asap thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Questions

The new harness from enfig doesn't come with the blue remote wire that goes from your fusebox to your amp. I've been told that you would need to solder your remote wire onto the red wire in the harness to allow the amp to turn on only when the ignition is turned on, is this true? Should I solder the remote wire to the red wire in the harness?

·
Registered
46 Posts
The new harness from enfig doesn't come with the blue remote wire that goes from your fusebox to your amp. I've been told that you would need to solder your remote wire onto the red wire in the harness to allow the amp to turn on only when the ignition is turned on, is this true? Should I solder the remote wire to the red wire in the harness?
To answer my own question for everyone else's sake, the wire you would want to use for your "remote turn on" is in the harness for the external CD changer, if your car has one that is. Other than that, I wasn't able to find a wire in the head unit harness that turned on only when the ignition is on or accessory mode. I have a 2006 VW Passat 3.6L with the premium 7 head unit

·
Registered
27 Posts
So much stuffing around with harnesses etc, Just get a good quality Line out converter that has remote turn on. No need to run extra wires etc, Just tap into a factory speaker wire and you are all good to go. Run a power wire, RCA's and a ground wire and you are set.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help here please.......can this adapter work for Touareg V6, 2006 model with replaced head unit (replaced with Volkswagen Touareg DVD GPS Radio 3G WiFi OEM UI by SMARTAUTO24) I really wish to improve the sound system with an amplifier. Kindly help with anything that will work.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts