VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was having a problem with my stock valve sticking during full throttle. i met with john a. the new upsolute rep from nj and we scanned my car and test drove it. the problem is hard to duplicate because it is intermittent, but i am almost positive that is what it was. i got a polished forge valve as an early christmas present(wifey loves me). i hope the problem is fixed.
i will be going to the track this friday to improve on my time. thanks john and andy for the excellent csr service. i would highly recommend either of these guys to deal with.
mike

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: installed forge dv (wolfsburg_de)

yeah, i was holding out on the dv until it went. i didn't see a need to spend the $ until i needed to. well, i needed to so, christmas came a little early. hopefully i will see 14.2-14.3 this friday. thanks again for the help.
p.s. i will send "it" out on friday/saturday, thanks again for your patience.

·
Banned
7,500 Posts
Re: installed forge dv (wolfsburg2)

when it comes time to service it, make sure you dont over grease it.
I did and it started sticking almost right away. (doh)... Cleaned it up and put maybe 2 drops of lube on my finger and did the two O rings... Thats all it needed.

·
Banned
7,500 Posts

you will feel it getting surgy again.
Mine needed servicing after about 5 months I guess.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Re: installed forge dv (Cypher2k)

What kind of lube are you using. I have tried white lithium grease (frpm a spray can) and it did not work well. I am currently using some bicycle grease and it is working well.
Jon

·
Registered
18,206 Posts

i am not the john a (from nj) that's the up rep. (got an im before from a confused reader)

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: installed forge dv (John Achille)

i have some real good airplane grease. i will use that......i will probably do it in the spring

1 - 9 of 9 Posts