VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the timer but shuts off when i turn the car off.. only worked twice for the parking brake operation check.. thats it.. please help!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Installed Greddy turbo timer but doesnt count down. (A3jetta2.0T)

Wired to ignition Large red wire connected to Red wire on turbo timer. Solid black to green on turbo timer, and black with yellow stripe to blue on turbo timer. everything works and i can set it but just shuts off with car.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Installed Greddy turbo timer but doesnt count down. (AAdontworkx3)

Quote, originally posted by AAdontworkx3 »
try the large red/black wire(next to red)...

Like connect that to the red on turbo timer?

·
Registered
339 Posts

Quote, originally posted by A3jetta2.0T »
Wired to ignition Large red wire connected to Red wire on turbo timer. Solid black to green on turbo timer, and black with yellow stripe to blue on turbo timer. everything works and i can set it but just shuts off with car.

A3jetta2.0T, The only way you will find the correct wires you need to interfase is with a VOLTMETER. Usually VW factory change the wires colors at the steering wheel so is not good just to follow recomendation based on wires colors.
Take the VOLTMETER and look for a wire thatshow you 12V+ and keep 12V+ power eaven when you are cranking the engine. Thats will be your IGN line and you will have to conect the TT ignition wire there.
If you find a wire that keep 12V+ with the key open but Voltage decay when you are cranking the engine, this will be your ACC line.
Conect there your TT acc.
If you dont know how to use a VOLTMETER, try a person or budy thats know how to install a Car Radio or amplifier in order to help you.
Good luck,
Isaac

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

Like connect that to the red on turbo timer?

Ya

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Re: Installed Greddy turbo timer but doesnt count down. (AAdontworkx3)

I have same problem too...i have the solid red to the solid red on the timer...maybe i need to try the black/red to the red like you recommend. AAdontwork, do you have yours set up this way on your timer?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Re: Installed Greddy turbo timer but doesnt count down. (Gavster)

sure do... atleast.. that's what i remember... it's been years... i believe the solid red is just cranking power and the red/black is constant power...

·
Registered
339 Posts

I installed the timer but shuts off when i turn the car off.. only worked twice for the parking brake operation check.. thats it.. please help!

Check this tread...........Its has a DYI

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1240149

Modified by Turbo Boss at 9:16 AM 2-14-2004

1 - 10 of 10 Posts