VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I decided to install Led bulbs into my front side markers. They were working fine until i changed them into led’s. I tried switching back to the factory bulbs and they no longer work also. Maybe i blew a fuse? Can anyone provide a proper diagram or the location of the side marker fuses. The diagram provided in the users manual doesn’t include the side marker location. All help is appreciated, thanks guys.

My car is a 2008 Mk5 golf r32

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Double check that the led bulbs are installed properly. Many of them can only go in 1 way and won’t light of backwards. Unlike regular incandescent bulbs + and - can be plugged into either side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Double check that the led bulbs are installed properly. Many of them can only go in 1 way and won’t light of backwards. Unlike regular incandescent bulbs + and - can be plugged into either side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tried that and nothing happened. I’m not sure what else it’d be other than a fuse

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
Ok so both city / parking lights are functioning but not the bumper side markers....correct? If that is the case that is some strange behavior. The wiring diagrams that I have looked at show that on the MK5 GTI/R32 that the side markers are spliced to the power wires for the headlight city/parking lights, and that those lights are getting power from different locations on the Cecm J519. The ground wiring is shared with the headlights and or other components, so I do not think this is a ground issue, but you can check that you have ground on the brown wire on Pin 2 of the side markers and power on the Pin1 gray with red or black stripe on side marker.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok so both city / parking lights are functioning but not the bumper side markers....correct? If that is the case that is some strange behavior. The wiring diagrams that I have looked at show that on the MK5 GTI/R32 that the side markers are spliced to the power wires for the headlight city/parking lights, and that those lights are getting power from different locations on the Cecm J519. The ground wiring is shared with the headlights and or other components, so I do not think this is a ground issue, but you can check that you have ground on the brown wire on Pin 2 of the side markers and power on the Pin1 gray with red or black stripe on side marker.

Is this my parking light? I’m not to familiar with this car yet as i only purchased it some months ago. In the picture you attached, the turn signal and parking lights are separate. When i bought the car before i had any troubles with the side marker it has appeared that the turn signal and parking light are as one. Or is it just that my parking lights have been out this whole time? I apologize for all the questions and misunderstanding on my end.

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
Based on your picture it looks like your turn signal lights are also being used a city/parking lights.............someone did some coding changes in Cecm J519 on Byte07.

Factory setup city/parking light

Factory turn signal using output test function

Coding changed to use turn signals as city/parking & turn signals at 50%

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Based on your picture it looks like your turn signal lights are also being used a city/parking lights.............someone did some coding changes in Cecm J519 on Byte07.

Factory setup city/parking light

Factory turn signal using output test function

Coding changed to use turn signals as city/parking & turn signals at 50%

I see what you are talking about now, people have modified their city lights in VCDS to get it like mine. The previous owner must have done so

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update: I’ve been busy with school but decided to mess around with the side markers today. Basically, whenever i switch the light to the on position the led in the side marker goes on for about 3 seconds then shuts off. It won’t come back on again unless you switch the lights to the off position and then switch it back on, even then it only last for a few seconds

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.