VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any pics of how to splice the wiring together? I tried the search, but so many topics came up that I couldnt find it. Also which number for the fuses do you use? I think the lights are on 21 or 22 and/or maybe 3.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Re: Installed my boost gauge, but how do you get the lights on? (1.8t Sleeper)

I tapped into the dimmer switch. Remove the side panel where your fuse box is and look for the wires going into the dimmer switch. There should only be three wires. You want to tap into the two end wires on the dimmer switch.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Re: Installed my boost gauge, but how do you get the lights on? (1.8t Sleeper)

I used wire clamps from a hardware store to tap into the dimmer power like the previous person suggested. You want to tap into the outer 2 wires of 3 found going into the dimmer switch; ignore the middle wire.
IIRC the gray with blue stripe is your variable power, and the other brown one is ground.
HTH

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Re: Installed my boost gauge, but how do you get the lights on? (asphalt_guy)

Quote, originally posted by asphalt_guy »

IIRC the gray with blue stripe is your variable power

correct

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Re: Installed my boost gauge, but how do you get the lights on? (BDP)

Quote, originally posted by BDP »
I tapped into the dimmer switch. Remove the side panel where your fuse box is and look for the wires going into the dimmer switch. There should only be three wires. You want to tap into the two end wires on the dimmer switch.

I did this but i just pulled out my dimmer switch...Shoved the wires into the pings and taped it up with electrical tape...all is well http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Now only if i can mount the damm Pod on the pillar right...
Liquid nails, Hot glue gun...Didnt work....Nothing wants to hold the fabric raped around on the inside of the A pillar...What gives!!

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Re: Installed my boost gauge, but how do you get the lights on? (DimceMKIV)

I thought you are suppose to drill it to have it hold well....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts