VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a lift in his garage which made life much easier. The total time for the install was about an hour and a half.. much of that time was removing the old exhaust.
He also luckily had air tools. I had to use the air chisel to cut the stock exhaust apart... and a few of the stock rubber hangers were easier to cut out than to try to pry out. I also had to de-oval my slightly bent cat outlet to get the midpipe on.
I know some people have griped about TT exhaust fitment, rattling, clearance over the rear axel, etc.. but this thing fits like a glove. If you follow instructions and keep all the clamps loose until the end, you can make sure it touches neither the body nor the rear suspension beam.
I'm even dropped with the Cup Kit and I get ZERO rubbing.. and that's with another 1/4" being taken up by my O-Bar Sway Bar Bolts.
It has a nice deep tone and I could really feel the performance increase combined with the AMS ECU I installed earlier that morning...

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Re: Installed my TT 2.25" Cat-Back Last Night (B3VR6)

Wow, I wonder who was complaining about the TT exhaust fitment.
I must have have changed about 30 exhausts in my lifetime and never had better fitment then my TT exhaust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.