VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I watched these two videos and decided I would give it a shot.

I have been looking at this potential upgrade for awhile put 1K plus for parts, I just passed on spending that money. Even salvage yard sourced power folding mirrors were still going for close to that price. Looks like VW is having a sale on parts so a little over $500 seems a little more tolerable for all new parts. I have about 2” of clearance at each side mirror to my garage door jambs. I have brushed the rubber trim on the garage jamb on a couple occasions as I have to give the Atlas a little gas due to slight concrete threshold at the door opening.

Instructions: I followed the door panel removal video and the instructions from the MK7.5 video for mirror removal, mirror cap removal and coding. Took a couple of hours and got them to work.
  • I did not fully remove the door panel (disconnect all the plugs like the video) as I could access the connections I needed to unhook with enough clearance.
  • The mirror knob just pops right out by pressing down on it. Be careful to not accidentally hit the knob with any downward force on your daily use as you would need to remove the door panel to get it back in place.

Parts:
3CN857507AF9B9 Left Power Folding Mirror $ 251.78
3CN857508AF9B9 Right Power Folding Mirror $ 251.78
3G0959565CICX Door Mirror Adjustment Knob. W/power fold. $ 40.32
OBDeleven dongle (already have one)

Bought parts from Oklahoma City Volkswagen last week. Prices may vary.(They had the best online price including shipping at that time and I have bought other parts from them with no issues. No affiliation as I don’t even live in Oklahoma)

I have an SE Tech so I was not looking to get the cameras to work as I don’t have all the components based on my trim level. There is not even a connection for the third wire. I just zip tied it to the other wires. Maybe someone with an SEL can take on that work. I just really wanted to get the folding mirrors and puddle lights to work.

Stock Mirrors:

Stock Menu:

Mirror Controller inside door:

Mirror Connection to Door (old mirror):

New mirror installed:

Connections made for new mirror:

Updated menu:

New Mirror Knob:

Door Unlock

Mirror Knob - Close

Mirror Knob - Open

Passenger Mirror

Drove around to make sure everything worked. I did have to turn back on blind sport monitoring and the rear traffic alerts after installation. Looking forward to driving in and backing out of the garage with a little less worry!

· Registered
2019 Atlas SEL V6
3,973 Posts
I miss the rear view puddle lights on when in reverse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
79 Posts
Awesome mod. Been thinking of doing this since my wife snagged the mirror on the garage on the way out. Great price for the parts at the moment! Great write-up!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

· Registered
18 Posts
I watched these two videos and decided I would give it a shot.

I have been looking at this potential upgrade for awhile put 1K plus for parts, I just passed on spending that money. Even salvage yard sourced power folding mirrors were still going for close to that price. Looks like VW is having a sale on parts so a little over $500 seems a little more tolerable for all new parts. I have about 2” of clearance at each side mirror to my garage door jambs. I have brushed the rubber trim on the garage jamb on a couple occasions as I have to give the Atlas a little gas due to slight concrete threshold at the door opening.

Instructions: I followed the door panel removal video and the instructions from the MK7.5 video for mirror removal, mirror cap removal and coding. Took a couple of hours and got them to work.
  • I did not fully remove the door panel (disconnect all the plugs like the video) as I could access the connections I needed to unhook with enough clearance.
  • The mirror knob just pops right out by pressing down on it. Be careful to not accidentally hit the knob with any downward force on your daily use as you would need to remove the door panel to get it back in place.

Parts:
3CN857507AF9B9 Left Power Folding Mirror $ 251.78
3CN857508AF9B9 Right Power Folding Mirror $ 251.78
3G0959565CICX Door Mirror Adjustment Knob. W/power fold. $ 40.32
OBDeleven dongle (already have one)

Bought parts from Oklahoma City Volkswagen last week. Prices may vary.(They had the best online price including shipping at that time and I have bought other parts from them with no issues. No affiliation as I don’t even live in Oklahoma)

I have an SE Tech so I was not looking to get the cameras to work as I don’t have all the components based on my trim level. There is not even a connection for the third wire. I just zip tied it to the other wires. Maybe someone with an SEL can take on that work. I just really wanted to get the folding mirrors and puddle lights to work.

Stock Mirrors:

Stock Menu:

Mirror Controller inside door:

Mirror Connection to Door (old mirror):

New mirror installed:

Connections made for new mirror:

Updated menu:

New Mirror Knob:

Door Unlock

Mirror Knob - Close

Mirror Knob - Open

Passenger Mirror

Drove around to make sure everything worked. I did have to turn back on blind sport monitoring and the rear traffic alerts after installation. Looking forward to driving in and backing out of the garage with a little less worry!
NICE some inspiration 👍🏼

1 - 10 of 10 Posts