VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mods on my car wett 1 bar chip, boostvalve mbc, ghl down pipe. Prior to installation, I was spiking to 20, and holding 17psi, tapering down to 11 or 12 to redline. After installation, car goes into limp mode no matter which spring in I use(stock or chip or mbc removed). Any clues as to what is going on. TIA.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Re: Installed samco tih=limp (1.8jb)

Hey... Sux that it happened, it looks like you have the AWD engine code?
I had the TIH installed on my car for a couple of months and it did the exact same thing... Maybe try disconnecting your MAF and see if that works.
I tried to have it cleared with a VAG and no luck, the Limp mode would return after a day or so
So after getting fed up with it, i returned back to the stock TIH, and since then have had no issues. Not sure why the TIH doesn't work too great on the AWD engine code though. There is a thread around here with a peeps who have been having this issue aswell. Good luck though

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does any body have any suggestions how to fix this problem or should it go into the classifides

·
Registered
12,171 Posts
Re: (Bora1.8TMan)

Quote, originally posted by Bora1.8TMan »
Just sell it.
I'll give you $100

If tis black I will give you $101.

the AWD engine codes have problems with the SAMCO hose, not sure why.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is black, but I have fabricated an adapter to enlargen the inlet diameter of the turbo. If sucessful I will post results. Just dont have time to do it just yet.

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
Re: (1.8jb)

Quote, originally posted by 1.8jb »
It is black, but I have fabricated an adapter to enlargen the inlet diameter of the turbo. If sucessful I will post results. Just dont have time to do it just yet.

Did you swap the pressure regulator and DV positions when you installed the TIH?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Re: (Raman Gain)

If anyone has anymore info on this I would really appreciate it. I've been having the same problem too. The car keeps hitting limp mode every time, i'm getting real sick of it.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Re: (A1.8T)

Quote, originally posted by A1.8T »
If anyone has anymore info on this I would really appreciate it. I've been having the same problem too. The car keeps hitting limp mode every time, i'm getting real sick of it.

why not put back in the stock TIH for now?? it's not like it gives you any crazy power anyway.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (Raman Gain)

I did not switch the dv and the pressure regulator. I read in another post that it possibly triggers limp because the 1mm difference in the inlet. I have an adapter to increase the inlet slightly to see if this theory is right. I'm going to install it sunday. will take pictures of the adapter and post if this cures the problem. I will also try and switch the diverter valve and the other round valve out as well.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts

I have one on my ko4 and it's fine(same as ko3 inlet). It fits nice and snug. What kind of adaptor are you putting on it???

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (20v GTI Guy)

Its a barbed fitting used to make aviation fuelilng hosed. I am going to slide it over the inlet on the k03 to increase the diameter of the inlet. I dont even know if it will work. Just a shot in the dark. When I initially installed it, I was expecting it to be a pita to slide over the inlet. This was not the case. Took me like 5 times to clamp it on . Every time I tightened it up it would slide off. This is why I think there is not a complete seal. At present time I'm running with the MAF unplugged.

·
Registered
7,097 Posts

Best of luck with your findings. I think many people are very anxious to hear what you find since there are several AWD owners who are currently not very happy with the situation, have asked for some more research (and a possible fix) from the manufacturer, and nothing has really happened.
Are you chipped? Which software?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (20v GTI Guy)

Have not got under the car since install and checked since install. When I did install it , it was tight.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts