VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the flywheel in my closet for the last 6 mos since I got it from Autotech and decieded to have it installed. The car feels different, from the clutch feel to the revs. I do have to say I love it and wish I had done it earlier. Anyway I just had to tell someone, my girlfriend doesn't understand my addiction.

·
Registered
11,641 Posts
Re: installed turn2s, new clutch and flywheel (blackntanC)

So your flywheel secret finally came out of the closet, huh

I've been wishing I lightened my flywheel when I did my clutch work last fall, but I was in a hurry - no time to order a lightened one, and no one locally wanted to touch it. Ah well. There's always next time!
-Nate

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Re: installed turn2s, new clutch and flywheel (SaabFan)

i am getting my car back in about 2 hours after getting a bunch of work done on it. But the machine shop only took off 10% in weight off my flywheel. I am sorta pissed..what the point

·
Registered
11,641 Posts
Re: installed turn2s, new clutch and flywheel (Shinny_G60)

You should feel the 10% weight difference. It won't be huge, but it should be there. Every bit helps when your flywheel starts out at 17 or 22 lbs! (Stock weights for g60 flywheels.) Plus, I am not personally a fan of ultra-light flywheels for street cars.
-Nate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.