VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok corrado dubers im installing a oil pressure gauge on my 90 g60 corrado.....i have the gauge and i mounted it already but instead of me showing it off i wanna make it work.....now what i do know is that there is a long stiff black wire that comes out from the back of the gauge and i have no clue where to install it....if anyone can help me out where to install this gauge and mabye post a pic of the exact location around the engine....the reason im doing this is because my car is BEEPING and the oil presure light is going INSANE around 2000 r.p.ms, so i want to fix the problem before the problem explodes into more problems

thanks for you time

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: installing a oil pressure gauge on my G60 corrado (AXISMODE)

ok boss its the canadian tire brand....aquiss or something like that.....it has the black face plate in the gauge....and i did hook it up and the light is working.....but i dont know where to run the long black cable....if it helps my mission can some one post the pic of my gauge....not sure how to post pics yet....thanks for replying axismode

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Re: installing a oil pressure gauge on my G60 corrado (radogino)

This is the area you need to be looking at.

I have a t-fitting in between the sender and the fitting on the block for my mechanical oil pressure gauge. You have an electrical gauge. The gauge should have come with a sender that looks similar to the stock sender. You will need to unscrew the stock sender and put a t-fitting in it's place like mine. The difference will be that instead of a copper tube on the fitting you will have the new sender screwed in. Now you need to run that thick black wire out to the engine compartment to the drivers side of the cylinder head and hook it up to the new sender.
Here's a close up of the fittings you need to find.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Re: installing a oil pressure gauge on my G60 corrado (thetatau87)

it makes more sense to tap off the oil filter flange since the pressure specs in the repair manual are drawn from there, the thread is standard 1/8 npt get yourself a small assortment including "street" t's and elbows as fitment tends to get tricky if you plan to keep the 1.3bar pressure switch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.