VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how in the heck do you get this thing in so it will shift proper?I have had it apart so much my hands hurt
someone on here should know or are you keeping it a secret
Please or I am taking it to the shop

·
Registered
16,490 Posts
Re: installing gear selector in o2a (woodmaster)

Well I'm only browsing with dial up this week so I didn't read your topic the first time through because your question is sort of vague. What part of the shifter are messing with? The shifter box/shift cablesin the car? The shift cable ends in the engine bay where they connect to the tranny? or the shift tower that inserts into the tranny? I have messed with all of these parts before a couple of times. But if all you need to do is adjust the cable ends in the engine bay then follow this link:
http://www.corrado-club.com/fa...ID=75

Modified by G60ING at 8:18 AM 6-30-2003

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: installing gear selector in o2a (G60ING)

It is the shifting tower I beleive I thought it might be the overcenter spring on the reverse gear but that isnt so,I just cant seem to get it not to lock up on me when I put it in first gear I think? I put it in gear and try to spin the input shaft and works in all gears but one,I am having a time of it.all this cause i wanted to put the bolt kit in it and when I got it apart it already had one in it.It is holding my g60 conversion up,Thanks for any help I am really frustrated,their usually isnt to much that I cant take apart and put back together but I have met my match

1 - 4 of 4 Posts