VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here has installed headers on a MKIII? Are there any modifications needed for the install? What kind of headers are you using and where can I get them from? What other mods do you have and did you feel a difference? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Re: Installing headers???? (1997 Golf GL)

I believe that Bosal and supersprint make a header for mkIII. I don't think it makes a difference in horses unless you did the entire exhuast header back >>>>

[Modified by Prognosis, 6:39 AM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
37,355 Posts
Re: Installing headers???? (Prognosis)

It is not a mod worth doing unless you have serious motor work. Otherwise you will actually lose low end power from what I have heard from Potterman and Ron Wood at VWspecialties.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Re: Installing headers???? (Verruckt)

i put a brospeed header on my girl's mk3 2.0.. didn't really make a difference... got a little more top end power, but that is also with a gutted cat and TT cat back... i'm sure next year it will make a big difference...

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Installing headers???? (ScrapinSi)

Well I am thinking of either doing a cam or a supercharger. Also when I do the header I will either knock out the cat, or get a whole high flow cat. I already have the exhaust. So would a header help then? Thanks for the help so far.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Re: Installing headers???? (1997 Golf GL)

a header should be the last thing you do to squeeze that last hp out of the car.. Even with an exhaust you'll be lucky to see a 3hp gain.. IMO not worth the money. If you have money and nothing better to do than go for it. I would spend the money on form forced induction.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Installing headers???? (H2oVento)

well I am not going forced induction. I am getting a cam, and either a high flow cat or knocking out the one that I have. So would headers help out a little now? Also what do I have to do with the air pump?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.