VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This friday I plan on installing front Mintex pads, refacing rotors, and installing a set of SS brake lines. Couple of questions on this though.
What is the best way to bleed the brakes? Both order to bleed, and how? The only real problem that I see is the lift we have lifts the chassis not at the wheels, so the rear proportioning vavle is going to be closed a lot since the rear tires are going to be hanging down. Has anyone been able to bleed them from the ground? (H&R sports springs lowered)
Also what is the best way to break in these pads? I basically hear to do light braking for the first couple hundred miles or so. Sound good?
If you have any other tips on this they will be appreciated. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Re: Installing Mintex and SS lines (1997 Golf GL)

I can help you with order of bleeding, maybe someone else could chip with their thoughts too. Always start with the farthest wheel from the master cylinder and work your way closer. That means passenger rear, driver rear, passenger front, driver front. Probably a good idea to bleed the slave cylinder and then the master cylinder too.
What SS lines did you end up going with? I remember you posted about what design features you were looking for, just curious as to what you ended up buying.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Installing Mintex and SS lines (AGRESIVE)

I went with the Goodridge lines, they have the boots at the fittings so they won't fray there, but no coating on the lines to protect from dirt.
But I went for them because they are DOT approved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts