VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the DIY for installing R32 taillights. It doesn't explain WHY this modification is required. Do the R32 tails light up wrong? Also, some sights sell US R32 tails and others sell Euro R32 tails. What's the difference? I bought HELLA R32 tails (w fogs) from TMTuning. I will not be using the rear fogs. Do I have to do the wiring modification?

·
Registered
53,299 Posts
Re: Installing R32 tails in a 2009 GTI (mercavius)

Quote, originally posted by mercavius »
I bought HELLA R32 tails (w fogs) from TMTuning. I will not be using the rear fogs. Do I have to do the wiring modification?
What does TMTuning say in their website?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Re: Installing R32 tails in a 2009 GTI (mercavius)

Quote, originally posted by mercavius »
I've read the DIY for installing R32 taillights. It doesn't explain WHY this modification is required. Do the R32 tails light up wrong? Also, some sights sell US R32 tails and others sell Euro R32 tails. What's the difference? I bought HELLA R32 tails (w fogs) from TMTuning. I will not be using the rear fogs. Do I have to do the wiring modification?

You need the modification if you want to utilize the rear fog and amber blinkers. If you don't any either features then you don't need to modify any wires, the lights are plug and play.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Installing R32 tails in a 2009 GTI (GTINC)

TMTuning doesnt say anything about wiring modification.
And I dont care about amber blinkers or rear fogs. As long as the regular blinkers and brake lights work Im happy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts