VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to order splash guards tonight. Is that something I can install myself, or do I need to take them to a mechanic?
And I have four plastic fasteners for the rear floor mats. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to install them?
I'm about 150 miles from the dealer, so I'll need to do these myself or take it to a neighborhood garage.
04 Passat, GLS, 4Motion

·
Registered
395 Posts
Re: Installing splash guards, floor mats (cameo)

Splash guards are easy. Just look at the directions carefully. It's all in pictures how to install, common hand tools. You have to move the front wheels from side to get clearence for a screwdriver. The rear tires you will have to remove for best access. Dont forget to be carefull w/ the stock jack, best w/ a jack stand under the car in case it slips off.
The mats just screw thru the carpet. IF you had carpet mats already the rubber mats just snap over the posts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Installing splash guards, floor mats (3 dubber)

The dealer didn't install the fasteners, and I'm afraid to just punch thru the carpet without installation instructions or at least some guidance.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re: Installing splash guards, floor mats (cameo)

As far as the splash gaurds go, you don't have to remove the wheels if don't want to. I remember using a small ratchet w/ bits and turning the steering wheel to give more clearance. The photos in the package are helpful as stated before. Might be a 2 beer job. . .

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Re: Installing splash guards, floor mats (tom plum)

Quote, originally posted by tom plum »
Might be a 2 beer job. . .

Thats 2 lite American beer or one good Kokanee?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: Installing splash guards, floor mats (Jesstzn)

My new Passat wagon doesn't have fasteners for the rear mats either. It came with carpeted mats, with holes for the fasteners. Is it just up to your dealer whether the fasteners get installed in the rear or not?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re: Installing splash guards, floor mats (Jesstzn)

Hmmm, unsure about a good Kokanee. . . . I only drink VW brand beer- has a good head but smells kinda perfumee . Keeps the bugs off tho. . ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts