VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i'm gonna be installing my tein baics tommorow and just wanted to ask how can i protect these things against canada's beautiful weather of snow and construction

should i be coating the threads is some kind of grease b4 install? spray the threads with a liquid rust guard?
any help is great

·
Banned
11,609 Posts
Re: Installing tein basic coils tommorow, need help (bitsq)

Quote, originally posted by bitsq »
hey, i'm gonna be installing my tein baics tommorow and just wanted to ask how can i protect these things against canada's beautiful weather of snow and construction

should i be coating the threads is some kind of grease b4 install? spray the threads with a liquid rust guard?
any help is great

you should have bought stainless coils for starters because I dont think the TEIN basics are stainless. Try and find some anti seize grease at a hardware store since TEIN doesnt supply any

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Re: Installing tein basic coils tommorow, need help (silveratljetta)

Quote, originally posted by silveratljetta »
you should have bought stainless coils for starters because I dont think the TEIN basics are stainless. Try and find some anti seize grease at a hardware store since TEIN doesnt supply any

hey i never see any coil is rusted.
arent u tired of saying stainless?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.