VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen this done on some cars with the owners installing the BPV in backwards just to be able to put on the engine cover. Will this work just as effectively as it installed in the correct position or am I risking damage to the car?

· Registered
1,150 Posts
Re: Installing Turbo XS H-25 BPV Backwards... (eurotuner 06)

I dont know if u have the same turbo xs dv as me but i had mine in backwards 2 fit my cover on and it didnt do anything bad some people even say puttin dv backwards changes the noise... but i didnt notice.. after about a year when i got my tip i put it back in the norm way and now i just dont have the cover on ill try 2 fid a pic of my dv

Modified by SloVDub01 at 12:25 AM 11-25-2006

· Registered
6,637 Posts
those are actualy backwards.
if you look at the blow off version of this valve you will see that the opening on the SIDE of the unit is the one meant for air to release.
also if the air is going IN from the side the buildup of boost will not be able to push the piston up to help open the valve, it will be hitting the side and will nto help it. The valve will still open from the vacuum line on the top but it will not responde as fast and if will most likely flutter a lot.

Modified by Cass944 at 9:32 PM 11-24-2006

· Registered
1,150 Posts
Re: (Cass944)

Quote, originally posted by Cass944 »
those are actualy backwards.
if you look at the blow off version of this valve you will see that the opening on the SIDE of the unit is the one meant for air to release.
also if the air is going IN from the side the buildup of boost will not be able to push the piston up to help open the valve, it will be hitting the side and will nto help it. The valve will still open from the vacuum line on the top but it will not responde as fast and if will most likely flutter a lot.

Modified by Cass944 at 9:32 PM 11-24-2006

oh really friend told me the nipple goes up... i see so this is how it should be?
Norm:

Backwards:

· Registered
6,637 Posts
Re: (SloVDub01)

this is the blow off version of this valve

air is meant to go through it one way. It will work both ways but one way will work better for the reasons listed above. I have this valve and i spent a lot of time trying to figure this out.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (Cass944)

I do have the RBV-25 BPV that is made specifically for 1.8Ts. I was just wondering since the pic below is Turbo XS's Type H "Reversible" and it doesn't look any different than the RBV-25. The specs read as "Identical in design to our RBV-H34 with the exception that the outlet of the valve is our standard Type H female inlet instead of a 34mm hose adapter. This allows the valve to be used either in normal fashion or "reversed". Using the valve in the reversed orientation ensure that the valve will only open up under vacuum. This is perfect for your drag racing car running 35+ psi."
I just want a stealth look but don't want to pay anymore more for a Forge BPV since I have this one already. That and would like to know if I risk damaging the car.

Modified by one8tquattro at 8:10 AM 11-25-2006

· Registered
6,637 Posts
Re: (lpbudV)

its a metal piston with a spring above it.
the internals are the exact same on all of them.
the top of the unit with the ridges on it screws up and down to compress the sping more or less. Then it also comes with several thick washer/spacers that you can put above the spring to make it so you can run extremely high amounts of boost. the spacers will make sure that thing is locked down nice and tight.

Modified by Cass944 at 5:33 PM 11-25-2006

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.