VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
A few weeks ago the illumination on my dash and center console lights went out. I checked the fuses and even replaced the dimmer switch and headlight switch. Any help would be appreciated.
This may be 10 years later but this is the top result for this issue on google... So if anyone has this problem try to disconnect your cigarette lighter... I've done everything from fuses to switches and found that unplugging the cigarette lighter turned everything back on... Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This may be 10 years later but this is the top result for this issue on google... So if anyone has this problem try to disconnect your cigarette lighter... I've done everything from fuses to switches and found that unplugging the cigarette lighter turned everything back on... Hope this helps!
Oh and leave that sh*t disconnected!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new but have trolled for a while now. I had a similar issue. After turning the light switch on and off a few times the dash lights come on but I had no dimmer control. I replaced the dimmer and all is fine now.
I had the same issue! I ended up cleaning the dimmer PCB and it all works now. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
A few weeks ago the illumination on my dash and center console lights went out. I checked the fuses and even replaced the dimmer switch and headlight switch. Any help would be appreciated.
Having the same issue unplugging lighter checked fuses even swapped headlight and dimmer switch from from gti into my jetta nothing

21 - 26 of 26 Posts