VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, what insurance company do you all have???
u kno low rates, lookin for a cheap company 10/20 the lowest coverage.. cause of my age.. its high as hell in flroida.. someone help me out..

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Re: Insurance Companies (BoraPimpin)

State Farm. It is HORRIBLE! my rates for 2001 GTI is some where around 1300 every 6 months just because of the car. I have had no tickets and a perfect title and record.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Re: (BoraPimpin)

I am 17, but the car is listed as my mom's just to keep costs down. But we are going to have to change it to my name wich will put around 2700. But for a 55 year old woman driver that is a hell of lot.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Re: (BoraPimpin)

Well, eventually we will have to put it in my name. My mom is going to get a R32 and having two cars in her name will raise it more or something. I think. My mom told me why today but i wasn't listening.

·
Registered
111 Posts

I'am paying roughly $1,130/ 6 months 21 yrs old
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
EDIT: farmers ins.

Modified by AaronB at 10:02 AM 6-29-2003

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
Re: Insurance Companies (AaronB)

I got USAA and pay about $550 or so for 6 months. It's cheaper cause:
1. I am 30 and married.
2. I get a discount cause I am in the military.
3. I live in Hawaii.
The strange thing is that insurance is cheaper for a 1.8T cause the engine is smaller. I have a Golf.

·
Registered
31,002 Posts

Call local agents. Period.
Random polling here gets you nothing. It's a waste of your time.
Search "insurance" and you'll see there is no pattern. Age, record, and car are only the tip of the iceberg.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Re: Insurance Companies (VDubMKIV)

Hey Man - I have liberty Mutual and pay those exact same rates. The VR6 is an "Intermediate Performance Car." There is some scale that they rate cars on, I think the total is 28 maybe, the GTI Vr6 rates a 19.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I live in south florida and I have state farm also. My insurance rates are insanely high. I think 4,300 a year with their 3.0 grade discount. State farm is very expensive.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Re: Insurance Companies (1.8speedlord)

Progressive insurance on 2003 Jetta GLI.
--23 years old, licensed since 18 years old, always insured with progressive
--perfect driving record, no accidents, no tickets
--full coverage, member of AAA, state minimum coverage, $500 deductible
--$240 per month for insurance = ~$3000 per year

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Re: Insurance Companies (mahmgb)

GE Insurance (yes, the same General Electric that makes light bulbs, generators, and jet engines also sell insurance.
29 years old, single, perfect record, Sacramento, CA (apparently the stolen car capitol of the US ... that just does not seem right
) .
Max coverage on 2001 GTI VR6, 2003 Passat GLX 4-Motion and 2003 Harley-Davidson Deuce for $110.00 per month.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Re: Insurance Companies (TRINIBOY357)

Quote, originally posted by TRINIBOY357 »
usaa,i am in the military so i get a discount

USAA Rocks the fact that its a Non Profit and we get the rebate checks is icing on the cake

1 - 20 of 32 Posts