VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what everyone was paying for insurance on their passats? I drive a 96 vr6 and i just got a bill for $192
i was paying around a $140 a month but that is just retarded. i am 19 with a clean slate. I payed $10 more a month for my 5.0 when i was 16. I think this is bs. so i was just wondering what everyone else was paying?
thanks
bryon

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Re: Insurance ? (bryon888)

I pay $1600cdn/yr, 5 years driving experience and no accidents. But insurance here in BC is much better to young drivers than in other jurisdictions that have private insurance (which is most common)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Re: Insurance ? (BC Dub)

HAH! I have to pay $400+cdn up from $230/month just over a year ago. No tickets, no crashes, Squeeky clean record! and thats for basic coverage. Reason #1 why I gotta sell my Syncro

its not fair i tells ya!! ITS NOT FAIR!!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Re: Insurance ? (Hindenburg)

I have full coverage with one of the big, non discount companies and I pay USD 900/yr. I'm 28 and have had my fair share of accidents and tickets. I have kinda a lucky break because my family insures a lot of cars. I think we get a fleet rate

·
Registered
595 Posts
Re: Insurance ? (cnap)

I pay $300 a month....on my 97' vr6 WAGON.....Im turning 19 Saturday....
Ive had some tickets....but i mean its a lot of money, almost double my car payment.....hmmm....

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Re: Insurance ? (StealthB4)

I pay $950 to state farm for 6 months of $500 deduc full coverage at 22 with a (now
) clean record. Actually comparing insurance rates it a difficult thing to do, as the cost depends on sooooo many factors, age, sex, marital status, make/model/year/etc, driving record, ownership/primary driver/etc, primary use, amount of coverage, coverage options, deductible, location, primary use, miles per year. Before I turned 21 and when I had an accident on my record I was paying $1800 for 6 months on the passat
. Heh, and I bought the glx from my parents a number of years ago, but never bothered to transfer the title until this summer, and because the car is in my name the insurance went from 880/6 months to what im paying now

·
Registered
258 Posts

I'm 30 with my 1993 Passat GLX. I only have liability right now but that only costs me 148 every 6 months
. When I had full coverage it was onlt 300 every 6 months. I havent had a ticket in 14 yrs or ever been in a crash...knock on wood
. hehe

·
Registered
237 Posts
Re: Insurance ? (Denny347)

I have a 91 wagon and i pay $2100 a year.i have had one accident and, and im under my dads insurance. im 19, and ontario sucks

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Re: Insurance ? (bishnou)

53/$354-yr no collision, I live in NJ. It is a 3rd car, so classified as a pleasure vehicle (oxy-moron), yea as I put in my heater core.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Re: Insurance ? (bdsxxx)

43 bucks a month, just switched from Allstate to triple A, minimum coverage on the Indian Pig http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,193 Posts

Looks like $888/yr for full coverage. I'm 34, wife,1.8 kids, house, no accidents in years(knock wood) no tickets in almost as long. I pay $2500 for 4 cars 2 full coverage 2 just liability.
BUT, when I was "young and foolish" I was paying $1800 for just liability!!
Jeff

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
$1197 per year for state min
$311 down
$102 per month
28 years old with two years since my last batch of "infractions"
if i dont get a ticket for one more year, my premiums drop in half. (full cov. will cost about $1200 -
i chose to keep my car insured in MA...CT wanted $1200 every six months for the same coverage. and they wanted $600 down !!!
oh and its a 96 GLX sedan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts