VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I am considering getting a 97-98 GTI vr6 and i was checking the insurance quotes for a person of my age ( 19 yrs old male) and I got a whopping $ 6000 ( CAN) in average!!!!! I have been driving for about 2 years, no ticket, no accident. Now I think this is insane and would like to know how much u guys are paying?
thanks.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Re: Insurance (jungle2k)

i am 24 and got a 97 jetta GT. no tickets, accidents or anything else and pay 1700.00 U.S. a year. about 140 a month, that is expensive as hell. i was gonna buy a new jetta and insurance was gonna be 2000.00 a year.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Re: Insurance (phat-black-dub)

for my 2.slow i pay 2k a year, im 22 and have my full G license for 6 years now, the reason for this is I get 300 off for taking drivers ed, and 700 off for having an over 70% average in school...im with state farm, a vr6 for me would be 3000, but this comming term my average is below 70% so ill have to pay 700 more...oh well...

·
Registered
566 Posts
Re: Insurance (gti303)

WTH???
Your grades affect your insurance payments??? I would've paid more attention in school!

But my insurance comes up to 1,700 and I only have a 2.slow... 22, 1 crash 4 years ago and no tickets (since a couple of weeks ago....
)
I guess they'll be waiting for me with an open hand next year!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I even checked what i would pay for 2.0 GTI....it's like between $ 3500 and 4K in average, well......

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Re: Insurance (jetta_punk)

i pay 2 large a year
for my 95 2.0 that works out to be 166 a month i think. its primarily cuz im 16 and a guy, but that price is after 4 dicounts:
good grades (3.0+)
drivers ed
drive less than 1 mile to school
have a job (shows responsibility or some crap)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Re: Insurance (pdxvento)

im 20, and with no points on my license insurance costs me 3200$ a year in ny (upstate)

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Re: Insurance (pele)

i really wish i was back in BC...ICBC is so much better, jason and jeremy have is so lucky, they can buy a frigging porsche and insurance will only be like 100 bucks more or something, my insurance in BC was 1400CAD a year, will $100 deductable for comprehensive, and $300 for collision, and 3million$ liabaility, and that was when i was 20!!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts

the insurance price also varies based on where you live. For instance in NY an NJ auto insurance is extremely high.
Also many companies consider anyone one under the age of 25 as "assigned risk" and thus this also drives up the price. Some companies vary on this some view under 23 as " assigned risk".
Most give you a dicount if you take a defensive drivers course.

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Re: Insurance (VRSexed)

i probally have the best rates out of anyone....im 18 years old i drive a vr6 and i only pay 1600 a year for full coverage...everything possible...its so great http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
Re: Insurance (VAG Parts Bin)

$1600/ yr. for full coverage with a $1k deductable on my 95 golf sport. Its in my name and I am the primary driver. A VR6 was going to be like $2200/yr. I am 20 btw with no tickets or accidents.
My roomate has a new jetta and he is a secondary driver on it...yadda yadda yadda, he pays what I did back in the day when I was 17 and had a 92 golf 8v with just liability

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Insurance (Euro Flavor)

thanks guys for the replies!!!! keep them comin', eh "euro flavour" that's great, how is that possible?
If i can't find cheaper insurance, i guess i won't be getting the vr. Sorry for whining guys but i find this really not fair!!!!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Re: Insurance (jungle2k)

I'm 16 (liscense for 4 1/2 months but I'm good!!!) and I pay $2,400 a year, thats with collision obviously

I'm sad, i have a 4.0 and I don't get sh!t taken off! [email protected] Bast'ds!

[Modified by 1996eurogti, 6:26 PM 11-28-2001]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts