VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! About to install an AEM intake in my 2019 SEL 1.4t. I see they recommend disconnecting the negative terminal before install. I didn’t do this with my Injen intake in my 2017 MK6 1.4t jetta and it was fine. Any recommendations to do this or not do this? Maybe the computer learns the new intake quicker?? Not sure if it will reset other stuff, not sure if we have radio codes in these cars I’ll need to find once I unhook battery, etc. any advise would be great!!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Hey guys! About to install an AEM intake in my 2019 SEL 1.4t. I see they recommend disconnecting the negative terminal before install. I didn’t do this with my Injen intake in my 2017 MK6 1.4t jetta and it was fine. Any recommendations to do this or not do this? Maybe the computer learns the new intake quicker?? Not sure if it will reset other stuff, not sure if we have radio codes in these cars I’ll need to find once I unhook battery, etc. any advise would be great!!
No radio codes. But you'll have to reset the clock. That's about it. Oh, if you have forward collision warning, it won't work until you turn the wheel lock to lock once, or drive the car around. You might get some warnings related to this and the electric brake, but don't panic. They'll go away once you drive the car, turn it off, and turn it back on.

That's what happens when you disconnect the battery... Whether it's necessary or not? I don't know... Can't hurt anything I guess

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
53,531 Posts
it is good practice to disconnect the electrical power of the vehicle if any thing you are doing involves disturbing the electrical system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.