VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I would like to know if you need to purchase a new gasket when you re-install the intake manifold. I found no luck in search area. Any tips or advice would be appretiated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Re: Intake manifold re-instillation advice (-=golF1.8t=-)

usually it is a good idea, they are pretty cheap.
If I was stuck in the desert and the local hillbilly mechanic was waiting on the part, I would just reuse the original.

·
Banned
35 Posts
Re: Intake manifold re-instillation advice (hoTTub)

i resued mine, but when i put my injectors in they didnt feel lie they went in all the way. I haven't started it yet, because my ECU is out.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Re: Intake manifold re-instillation advice (GTIslammed)

you could get a powergasket from new south i have one it makes about 30-50 degree diff on the intake temp
i got it for 48 shipped through a gb

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Re: Intake manifold re-instillation advice (chaoflux)

Quote, originally posted by chaoflux »
you could get a powergasket from new south i have one it makes about 30-50 degree diff on the intake temp

It's funny you say that. I have one too, and I swear the damn manifold is hotter now than before the powergasket. I don't think it did a damn thing, but that's just me.
Oh, and to answer the post, I would reuse the gasket as long as it looks good. If it came right off, and didn't leave anything behind on either the head or the manifold, it's pretty safe to reuse. It's not like it's a crimp-style metal gasket. Just make sure both surfaces are nice and clean.

Modified by pumpkin02 at 11:30 PM 7-2-2003

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Cypher2k)

I will buy two. Good to replace with a new gasket and stock up in the garage. How reliable is that power gasket from new south? Are their gaskets race proven? Too bad mr. gasket does not sell gaskets for vw/audi. Thanks for the advice http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts