Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what intake to put on my 20th.
its pretty much stock i have a forge 007 dv but its pretty much stock
what would go best with that?
i want to get the most out of the dv and the boost

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
An air intake isn't going to do much on a turbo'd motor since the air will be super hot by the time it hits the turbo anyway. I run the EVOMS V-FLow on mine and really like it. I chose EVOMS because I liked the way it looks in the bay and it sounds good in my opinion. An air intake on your 20th won't do anything but allow you to hear more dv noise. If you want more performance get some tuning done. Bang for your buck, a good tune will give you the most on these cars. I suggest Unitronic or Apr.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im on a tight budget I know an intake would be cheaper then a tune. The intake would give me the dv noise and a deeper engine noise as well correct? Im just not sure what intake route to go theres so many, and i need to get that nasty big filter box out of the bay...
suggestions would be appreciated

·
Registered
252 Posts
If your on a budget the last thing on your list should be intake. Tune, DP, turbo inlet hose all get you more bang for your buck as far as HP gains. Besides, you already replaced the DV. Time to actually put it to use with a Stg 1 tune. Throw in a K&N drop-in and put the money you saved on an intake toward something else. Good luck

·
Registered
137 Posts
Induction kit...advantages = Noise. You dont gain anything from it tbh. I fitted a ebay jobby to mine and it sounds nice. Nice loud spool and dump from the engine i also have a 008 Forge valve on mine.

If your going for performance its better too keep the standard air box and put a panel filter in it once remapped.

Jamesy :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Cold box

*AEM Dry flow filter
*3in - 2.5 elbow where the snorkel was
*2.5 inch vacuum hose tucked against fender and feed to lip or bumper grill
* (optional) I added collectors because i found one inside the box lid.

Looks stock from a glance:thumbup: gets all the "performance" with the efficiently of the box

But if i was willing to pay big $ id get the 42DD:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
You can at least justify a K&N or similar drop in filter because they are cleanable and it'll save you on filter costs in the long run :D

Many will recommend a dry-flow drop in because you're less likely to over oil the K&N and damage your MAF. Honestly though, I didn't have issues and I ran an oiled K&N for 65k miles. They're not exactly idiot proof though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Im in the same position with ya, my friend has an APR intake it just makes it louder, I dont feel a performance difference between my stock one at the moment. Just save up for the tune up! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.