VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok..so im getting really sick of this craptastic variable intake. i just never stop rattling even after replaceing the rod and cleaning. I discontected the vacum that moves the rod around last night..sweetness. i could now hear what you MK3 guy's hear..that double sounding groan..anyway..you loose quite a it of torque down low(duh). But i have a feeling that the barrel will rotate by itself in the fitting and block airflow if it rolls one way or the other(since it's free floating without the controller arm attached...my question is this..
do you think i could just remove the barrel and plug the small hole in the end of the manifold? my only worry would be the runner's themselves..the barrel is slotted for each runner so the runner is continuous. Without the barrel in place the intake runners go from one(TB) to 6 to one(barrel location) and then back to 6 at the bottom of the manifold. Would this be an issue?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.