VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a diy for this? Which adapter did you use? Can’t seem to find one for the 1.4. Starting to get misfires at 165k miles. Already tried new coils and plugs. Exactly the same. Thanks

·
Registered
332 Posts
Every year..... using a spray intake valve cleaner product via intake tubes
Keep the injectors clean with PEA based cleaner twice a year

If you have a serious problem on a vehicle with no maintenance and 165k miles, then you need to pull the intake manifold off and scrub away

·
Registered
volkswagen Jetta 1.4T
491 Posts
have you asked a big dealership how to go about this? I know people with over 120k and don't have this problem

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
have you asked a big dealership how to go about this? I know people with over 120k and don't have this problem
I have 180,000 miles. Stealership is not helpful. Thought someone must have done this by now. Guess I’m wrong. It is what it is.
Thanks

·
Registered
volkswagen Jetta 1.4T
491 Posts
I have 180,000 miles. Stealership is not helpful. Thought someone must have done this by now. Guess I’m wrong. It is what it is.
Thanks
'
Sorry to hear that . I became friends with the service department manager ( one of them ) . I will ask them next time i go for you. So I can provide more information for all of us

·
Registered
332 Posts
Just use an intake cleaning spray. I wouldn't bother with media blasting. It was just a method to charge owners too much and make the shop money.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks
180K miles on your 1.4 TSI? Have you had the timing belt replaced? If so, at what milage and where was the work performed. Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Vw calls for first inspection at 150k miles. Every 20k after that. Save your money. It’s over $1000 to have this timing belt done. Waste of money to do it when not needed.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Vw calls for first inspection at 150k miles. Every 20k after that. Save your money. It’s over $1000 to have this timing belt done. Waste of money to do it when not needed.
I'll see what my thoughts are when the time comes and more 1.4's have over 100K miles. What is interesting is for the 2019+ model years VW took away and recommendation for inspecting the belt. There is no mention of it at all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts