VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The local Napa parts store can only get the distributor cap & rotor (& spark plugs too) for up to a 1996-1997 2.0L Golf, as well as the 1994-1996 Haynes manual.
I am pretty sure they are interchangeable since there werent too many changes to the motor and design. Can anybody confirm that the rotor/cap & spark plugs will work in my 1999 Golf mk3? I have a 2.0L Gls auto golf
Thanks!!
Maxt
[email protected]

·
Registered
23,991 Posts
Re: Interchangeable mk3 Golf 1994 - 1999 ??? (maxt)

I'm not exactly positive but I think that they are interchangable up to the 99's....the parts are relatively easy to find...I would just solicit another store to find the right stuff to have piece of mind....but I would think somebody would chime in soon with a definate answer for you....if anything, here's a bump for ya......^^^

·
Banned
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Interchangeable mk3 Golf 1994 - 1999 ??? (vwsteve)

hey! I wish it were that simple around here in Ames, Ia...its kinda a dinky town, and my VW is from Canada (as am I). Midas here couldnt do an exhaust job without ordering all parts from VW ($$$), and they only did up to a 1997. I was flabberghasted!

Napa is about the most reliable to get parts it seems around here, sometimes i almost wish i was driving a Pontiac so a muffler could cost a mere 29.99$ .
Anyways if anyone has a clue i would much appreciate!!!
Especially about the haynes book.
Thanks!
Max

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Re: Interchangeable mk3 Golf 1994 - 1999 ??? (maxt)

Anything for a '97 will fit on a '99 as well. And I have that Haynes manual kicking around, too, and most everything in there is consistent as well. Go for them!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts