VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few Corrado's lately and they have really caught my attention. I'm just wondering where I can get more info on these. I found a few links on the internet but in general not many. Enough to find some basic specs but not many.
How do these cars handle? Are they easy to work on? How's reliability? I don't mind having to do work on my cars but I don't like catastrophic engine failures or things that cost me tons of cash
. What's the basic maintenance schedule like on them? Any other strengths of weaknesses I should know about?
I'm a BMW driver right now but I might pick up another for a 5th car lol. Actually it'd have to take the place of something or my wife would hang me out to dry.
Thanks!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Re: Interested in the Corrado, What can you guys tell me? (DaiKa)

Read the second post on first page (g60 vs vr6 the faq) pretty informative http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
11,641 Posts
Re: Interested in the Corrado, What can you guys tell me? (tkeidl)

quote:[HR][/HR]Are they easy to work on? How's reliability? I don't mind having to do work on my cars but I don't like catastrophic engine failures or things that cost me tons of cash
. What's the basic maintenance schedule like on them?[HR][/HR]​
If you're handy enough to work on and put up with the problems from your 80's 3 series cars, you can handle a Corrado. They aren't *that* hard to work on, but there's not much room in there.
Cost of parts isn't bad, about on par for any other euro car. Same with general maintenance - They aren't crap buckets, but they won't run 100k without service, either.
vr6 Corrados tend to need headgaskets and timing chain/tensioners around 100 - 120 k. g60 Corrados tend to need charger rebuilds every 60 - 80k to play it safe. Other than that, there's no major problems I can think of - Corrados have plenty of quirks (weak door handles, sunroof failure, etc) but you shouldn't be loosing engines left and right.
The key to buying a Corrado is finding one that was well cared for. There are plenty of Corrados out there that may look nice, but have been beaten half to death.
-Nate

·
Registered
14,467 Posts
Re: Interested in the Corrado, What can you guys tell me? (SaabFan)

man answers you ask here, will probably be proved insignificant with your first corrado.
There are no defint scheduling matnence no warning signs no tell tell signs of disfunction. Just a car that you gotta love or else...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.